Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting

Tip us?

Dolphlungegrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] Rooting

Hi All,

Switching from a Verizon S4 to a T-Mobile S5 (switched because of Net Neutrality lobbying Verizon is doing). I found a thread on here about a root toolkit. It seemed a little confusing and I wasn't sure if it would work. What are my options for ways to root? On VZ I had to tarball an unlocked bootloader and download root binaries before installing a custom recovery. Is there something similar for T-Mobile devices?

Carloskeee
Old
(Last edited by Carloskeee; 10th June 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphlungegrin View Post
Hi All,

Switching from a Verizon S4 to a T-Mobile S5 (switched because of Net Neutrality lobbying Verizon is doing). I found a thread on here about a root toolkit. It seemed a little confusing and I wasn't sure if it would work. What are my options for ways to root? On VZ I had to tarball an unlocked bootloader and download root binaries before installing a custom recovery. Is there something similar for T-Mobile devices?
The tmobile version has a unlocked bootloader. Very easy to root and install custom recovery. Its actually plastered all over the place. Weird you missed it. But here it is again. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950

To get custom recovery just download TWRP Manager from Play, and install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carloskeee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dolphlungegrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloskeee View Post
The tmobile version has a unlocked bootloader. Very easy to root and install custom recovery. Its actually plastered all over the place. Weird you missed it. But here it is again. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950

To get custom recovery just download TWRP Manager from Play, and install it.
Hey thanks