FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Rooting

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By Dolphlungegrin, Member on 10th June 2014, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Switching from a Verizon S4 to a T-Mobile S5 (switched because of Net Neutrality lobbying Verizon is doing). I found a thread on here about a root toolkit. It seemed a little confusing and I wasn't sure if it would work. What are my options for ways to root? On VZ I had to tarball an unlocked bootloader and download root binaries before installing a custom recovery. Is there something similar for T-Mobile devices?

10th June 2014, 08:17 PM |#2  
Flag Longview, TX
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphlungegrin

Hi All,

Switching from a Verizon S4 to a T-Mobile S5 (switched because of Net Neutrality lobbying Verizon is doing). I found a thread on here about a root toolkit. It seemed a little confusing and I wasn't sure if it would work. What are my options for ways to root? On VZ I had to tarball an unlocked bootloader and download root binaries before installing a custom recovery. Is there something similar for T-Mobile devices?

The tmobile version has a unlocked bootloader. Very easy to root and install custom recovery. Its actually plastered all over the place. Weird you missed it. But here it is again. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950

To get custom recovery just download TWRP Manager from Play, and install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carloskeee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Carloskeee Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 07:20 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloskeee

The tmobile version has a unlocked bootloader. Very easy to root and install custom recovery. Its actually plastered all over the place. Weird you missed it. But here it is again. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950

To get custom recovery just download TWRP Manager from Play, and install it.

Hey thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)