Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Headset Question

Tip us?

movieifx
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have come to the conclusion that we can't always blame the truesmart with the bluetooth issues. I have a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into my hifi system but I can only stream to it in very close contact i.e. about 10cm maxiumum. However same setup on watch connected to my August EP60 headphones (which are amazing btw) yielded very different results. After connectin established I started music streaming and took off my watch and leaving it downstairs went for a walk round my house including upstairs. No loss of connection with several meters distance and no dropouts at all. Happy because I bought the August EP60's specifically to use with Truesmart.

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Hi,

I'm listening to music from my TS through my bluetooth earphones right now... apart from the occasional split second stutter, I'm very impressed.... I can see how this would be a killer device for the gym or joggers etc, I'm so impressed im going to try and find a smaller pair than my backbeats!
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

gabbadoo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieifx View Post
I have come to the conclusion that we can't always blame the truesmart with the bluetooth issues. I have a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into my hifi system but I can only stream to it in very close contact i.e. about 10cm maxiumum. However same setup on watch connected to my August EP60 headphones (which are amazing btw) yielded very different results. After connectin established I started music streaming and took off my watch and leaving it downstairs went for a walk round my house including upstairs. No loss of connection with several meters distance and no dropouts at all. Happy because I bought the August EP60's specifically to use with Truesmart.
Good to hear this, so i still have hope.
What's about your WiFi connection... my maximum range is 3 to 5 meters away from the router (same room, no walls between).

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 53
With my stock TrueSmart I get Bluetooth solid from 3 rooms, 32 ft min before blittiness starts. WiFi is even farther.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gabbadoo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Bluetooth and WiFi range problem solved!

My problem is finally solved.! I removed the pin of the wristband in which the antenna is located and found that both black wires were scratched. I isolated them with a small peace of tape and now it works great for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbadoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gillebob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbadoo View Post
My problem is finally solved.! I removed the pin of the wristband in which the antenna is located and found that both black wires were scratched. I isolated them with a small peace of tape and now it works great for me.
Just took mine apart for the second time and found the same connector lose again, hopefully sorted properly this time. How did you get the wristband pins out, mine don't seem to have screw heads.
Nokia Cityman 1320 (1987), Nokia 6680, Nokia N95, Nokia N97, Xda Orbit, Htc Advantage, Nokia 9500, Acer neoTouch, Htc Desire, Dell Streak, ZTE Blade, Galaxy Tab, HTC Desire, Sony Ericsson X10 Mini, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Galaxy SIV, Galaxy Note3, Omate Truesmart.