Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request][Xposed] Module to Move the Nav Buttons to Left or Right

Tip us?

arrtoodeetoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Default [Request][Xposed] Module to Move the Nav Buttons to Left or Right

I don't know if there's anything out like this for Xposed (have searched for the past 10 minutes and have found nothing) and my requests to the ROM devs haven't panned out. I would like to have an Xposed module that will allow me to move the navigation buttons to the left or right side of the nav bar. It's been implemented in certain ROMs, so I know it's possible, but I don't know how to make modules, so I hope someone who has some experience could help.

Thanks!

donslade
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I would like to second that request!

Also how about moving the clock and notifications to the bottom like it was on JB?

craigacgomez
Old
Thanks Meter 2574

DONATE TO ME
Getting this to work as an Xposed module has complications. It should be easy enough to achieve on stock-ish ROMs, but ROMs which have nav bar customisations is harder to achieve considering that there are quite a few ways different ROM approach nav bar customisations.

CRAiG GoMEZ

Donate to me

Google LGE Nexus 5 [D820] | SlimKat (Android 4.4.2) - SlimRoms
Google Samsung Nexus 10 [GT-P8110HAEXAR] ThunderKat (Android 4.4.2) - craigacgomez

arrtoodeetoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Thankfully there's Thunderkat, which I'm currently running. But it would be nice fore there to be something out there for the masses who choose a different ROM that it might be compatible with.

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 161
I was thinking having the bar on the right side while in landscape so the bar has not moved when changing orientation, like what occurs in mobile phones.

Having a nexus 7 I havent managed to stay on kitkat as I can't stand the mobile phone layout, using PA in tablet mode to have both bars combined, now tablet ui is removed in KK I'm trying to find a rom that has a practical layout for my thumb.

Tried thundercat and it has the option of having navi controls on either side which is great but I cant stop to think that the bar is wasting space as you only need an inch of it, while you have a notification pane that could be on the other side.

I will have to find a way to have the bar like on mobile devices.
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

usafle
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I would like this as well. I miss my old Asus TF 'layout ' they had something similar with the notifications on the right side instead of above.

Koopa777
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Someone on the Kindle fire was attempting to port TabletUI to KK, but I haven't checked in on development in a while.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Phone: Google Nexus 5 "hammerhead" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire (Gen 1) "otterx" ROM: CM11-F2FS by Hashcode
Tablet: Google Nexus 10 "manta" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS-All Kernel: KT-Manta F2FS-All
Retired: Sprint Motorola Photon 4G "sunfire", Sprint LG G2 "LS980"

BaristaBot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I requested the same thing in the xposed request thread and got no love. maybe you should ask there, too. squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Calleja
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Throwing my hat into this request too... I hate the way Android handles tablet UI these days, I really miss having the navigation near my hand when on landscape, but would like to continue using stock android with xposed instead of flashing a ROM, is this viable via Xposed?