Mac File Transfer

OP mrdeviance

22nd April 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
For some reason I can''t use Android File Transfer with my HTC One M8 - It just doesn't appear. The phone goes into MTC mode and says USB Connected, but ATP gives me the "No android device found" error?

Anyone else had the same error or have any other mac workarounds?

I can't stand HTC Sync Manager ...
23rd April 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 15

118 posts
I ran into the same problem yesterday.

All I could find on the internet was a post advising to reboot with the phone plugging in. That seemed to work but it was only a temporary fix. And a review mentioning the problem , that HTC had acknowledged it and that a fix was expected in late April.
23rd April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 148

516 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeviance

For some reason I can''t use Android File Transfer with my HTC One M8 - It just doesn't appear. The phone goes into MTC mode and says USB Connected, but ATP gives me the "No android device found" error?

Anyone else had the same error or have any other mac workarounds?

I can't stand HTC Sync Manager ...

FYI to everyone.. This is a Sense Only problem. MTP works fine on GPE ROMs. As a workaround, if you want to keep Sense, use AirDroid or something similar to transfer files to your phone via WiFi.
23rd April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 747

2,506 posts
Donate to Me
More
This was already asked in Q/A subforum -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714671

Here's my response :-

Quote:

You will need ROOT and app called "DriveDroid"

Download Android File Manager - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

This might break connection to HTC Sync though

(I use the above for my iMac)

23rd April 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #5  
Flag French Caribbean
Thanks Meter: 52

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM1789

FYI to everyone.. This is a Sense Only problem. MTP works fine on GPE ROMs. As a workaround, if you want to keep Sense, use AirDroid or something similar to transfer files to your phone via WiFi.

I think it's not a solution, wifi transfer is really slow with big files. Plus, I own a nexus 7 and MTP is not that great either.
23rd April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

This was already asked in Q/A subforum -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714671

Here's my response :-

I did see that, but I don't want to root it just yet.
I thought there must be a simple native solution, but it doesn't look like there is until HTC do a fix!
23rd April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,259

6,124 posts
Moderator information,

Thread moved to Q&A, also I deleted a post. Remember forum rules, swearing and the suggestion of swearing is against forum rules.

Ghost
23rd April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 60

1,049 posts
More
Make sure HTC Sync Manager is not installed at all if you want Android File Transfer to work. This has been an issue in the past, although it doesn't sound like the issue here though. I personally don't have a problem using HTC Sync Manager to transfer my files, but if course I can see why people wouldn't want to use it.

I think the reason MTP is such crap on Macs is that Microsoft owns the license for the MTP protocol, and they let everyone use it except Apple, thus making Windows a more appealing OS. Just a theory though...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app
10th July 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 35

215 posts
In http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54035979 I may provide a partial solution; depending on your exact need. Look for the post I sent a few minutes ago. More to come in the next days; I will test other apps, and report.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread