Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I9505 overheating? Check this, you never know...

OP fabecoool

8th July 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

42 posts
More
Everything fine now
Just thought I'd let you know after re-formatting the card:
Complete format with windows, then erase card on the SGS4, which then complained that my card must be formatted, so I formatted it with the phone.
I've been going with the original "faulty" card for more than a week now, and I have had no overheating issue. All the files (except the corrupted files) that were on the card when the problem occurred are back on it. And no issue.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fa
9th July 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 31

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabecoool

Just thought I'd let you know after re-formatting the card:
Complete format with windows, then erase card on the SGS4, which then complained that my card must be formatted, so I formatted it with the phone.
I've been going with the original "faulty" card for more than a week now, and I have had no overheating issue. All the files (except the corrupted files) that were on the card when the problem occurred are back on it. And no issue.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fa

1.this is a 7.9mm phone
2.the back cover is thin as a sheet of paper
3.the sdSlot has been installed behind the processor (for speed reasons) and it's made of metal components so there s heat transmission

just replace your cover with the stock one of the 9505 black edition and tell me ..anyway i wanna try this solution tnx in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie878 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie878

1.this is a 7.9mm phone
2.the back cover is thin as a sheet of paper
3.the sdSlot has been installed behind the processor (for speed reasons) and it's made of metal components so there s heat transmission

just replace your cover with the stock one of the 9505 black edition and tell me ..anyway i wanna try this solution tnx in advance

You're not wrong at all, but the fact here is that there was a real problem: it was really hot AND there was a huge drain on the battery, which changing the back cover wouldn't have solved.

Besides, I no longer need to do anything, since after formatting the card, it's back to normal, i.e. no overheating. But you're right that heat reaches the surface of the back cover when e.g. downloading or watching streamed videos for some time.

Cheers!

Fa
10th July 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
The i9500 overheats too, so I'll cehck if the SD Card is the problem next time it happens. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread