[Q] Rooted Nook tablet 8gb won't go past the slide to unlock screen

OP SplendaChan

14th June 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I rooted my nook tablet a year ago using this tutorial: http://youtu.be/5n2D5-Q6UFg

Last week I was reading on it and I went to slide to unlock my device. It lets me slide to unlock, then shows the screen for a brief second before turning dark again into stand by mode. At that time I just turned it off and went to sleep cuz I was tired. But today I turned it on again, and it DID IT AGAIN!!!! So I rebooted countless times! I even held the power button for 20 seconds and rebooted!

Why is it doing this all of a sudden???!!!!!!
15th June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Idaho Falls
Thanks Meter: 33

151 posts
More
Most likely you've had an app / widget go bad / get corrupted. You can attempt to boot into safe mode by holding down both the up and down volume buttons during boot up. May or may not do anything. YMMV.

Other options, reflash the ROM over the top or do a factory reset and start fresh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to macrossmerrell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossmerrell

Most likely you've had an app / widget go bad / get corrupted. You can attempt to boot into safe mode by holding down both the up and down volume buttons during boot up. May or may not do anything. YMMV.

Other options, reflash the ROM over the top or do a factory reset and start fresh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haha thank u for the reply! U were right about this!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
10th July 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
Flag Idaho Falls
Thanks Meter: 33

151 posts
More
Sweet! Glad I could help!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread