Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Voice After Picking Up Incoming Call

Tip us?

tetracw
Old
(Last edited by tetracw; 17th May 2014 at 09:54 PM.) Reason: Additional Info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Voice After Picking Up Incoming Call

I've had my HTC M8 H/K edition on Sprint 1 week now. I dont get a lot of calls, but I just realized my phone has a problem answering calls. The phone rings. When I answer the call, it picks up, and then there's just silence. No audio in or out. The caller hears nothing; I hear nothing. There is no problem when i make outgoing calls, just answering incoming calls. Anyone else heard of this issue?

I should add. Stock Rom, Unlocked Bootloader, Root, S-On

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here's an update -- It seems to be a problem with Google Voice. I read in another post that google talk installed on a PC might contribute to the problem as it is delivering the call to the app first. I removed google voice from my phone, and then reboot. Issue is gone, we'll see what happens when i reinstall google voice.

pm.mohanani@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetracw View Post
I've had my HTC M8 H/K edition on Sprint 1 week now. I dont get a lot of calls, but I just realized my phone has a problem answering calls. The phone rings. When I answer the call, it picks up, and then there's just silence. No audio in or out. The caller hears nothing; I hear nothing. There is no problem when i make outgoing calls, just answering incoming calls. Anyone else heard of this issue?

I should add. Stock Rom, Unlocked Bootloader, Root, S-On
Same here with me...
what should be done..
?

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I uninstalled google voice for now.

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I narrowed down the issue a bit further. It has to do with whether or not I'm on LTE. I still think Google voice might be interfering. But something is different with how the call is delivered when i'm on LTE. When I set my phone to CDMA only, the call rings, i answer it and everything is fine. When i turn back on LTE. The call rings, i answer it and it's dead air. No voice in or out. Really weird.

Other things I've tried. Wifi Off/On, no difference. Signed out of my google/gvoice accounts. I also disabled the feature to deliver calls to Google talk/hangouts. Maybe it takes a while for the settings to take effect.

wegged
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue completely stock HTC one with latest OTA updates and Google Voice I can only receive phone calls when I am on CDMA doesnt work on WIFI or 4G.