[Q] Virgin Mobile SM-G900P

OP berzerkus

25th June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Good Evening,

I've got the Virgin Mobile Variant of the S5, which has the exact same model # as the Sprint and Boost (SM-G900P)

I see a lot of stuff on the development pages regarding this model, but I'm guessing it's mainly the Sprint variant. My question is, what do I need to be careful of when it comes to flashing roms/mods/etc based on the SM-G900P. I'm assuming the main difference is the APN's? I'm particularly interested in NE5, as I'm currently on ND2.

I appreciate any knowledge you can share, as I don't see a VM specific forum anywhere.
26th June 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
NE5 TO BOOST VARIANT i received the update yesterday
26th June 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,825

2,742 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerkus

Good Evening,

I've got the Virgin Mobile Variant of the S5, which has the exact same model # as the Sprint and Boost (SM-G900P)

I see a lot of stuff on the development pages regarding this model, but I'm guessing it's mainly the Sprint variant. My question is, what do I need to be careful of when it comes to flashing roms/mods/etc based on the SM-G900P. I'm assuming the main difference is the APN's? I'm particularly interested in NE5, as I'm currently on ND2.

I appreciate any knowledge you can share, as I don't see a VM specific forum anywhere.

With the S5, you can flash any Sprint, Boost, VM SM-G900P rom to your phone. NE5 is also the latest Sprint build, and is fine to flash to your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76

With the S5, you can flash any Sprint, Boost, VM SM-G900P rom to your phone. NE5 is also the latest Sprint build, and is fine to flash to your phone.

Does this apply to TAR's as well as the zips? Forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to save a headache. I'm stuck on the VM GS3 mindset of a build needing to be catered to my device (and/or use APN fix). If that's not the case at all, that's useful to know.
9th July 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

Does this apply to TAR's as well as the zips? Forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to save a headache. I'm stuck on the VM GS3 mindset of a build needing to be catered to my device (and/or use APN fix). If that's not the case at all, that's useful to know.

Not to be a pest, but I'm still curious about this.
10th July 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,825

2,742 posts
More
Quote:

Not to be a pest, but I'm still curious about this.

Yes it does

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sm-g900p, virgin, virgin mobile, virginmobile
Previous Thread Next Thread