Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash Custom recovery rooted Note 3 Att 4.4.2

Tip us?

jeremyds45
Old
(Last edited by jeremyds45; 9th July 2014 at 06:00 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
If anyone is interested in the future, best buy can indeed flash the official NC2 4.4.2 kitkat to your note 3 as long as you're not on verizon, rooted, or have tripped knox, have a custom rom or the like. When i went in this time i actually spoke to someone who knew something and hooked me up, samsung rep, plugged it in to their computer, downloaded the software, rebooted and all was back to normal. Just like an official ota update, didn't lose any of my files, settings anything. So we're back, and now rooted and rollin.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
So basically anyone who installed safestrap and doesn't have a working backup is out of luck.

jeremyds45
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
So basically anyone who installed safestrap and doesn't have a working backup is out of luck.
If you want to go back to stock 4.4.2, you can flash by odin the leaked tar, which will remove root, and everything, then go to best buy have them flash the nc2 official, then start from scratch there, with rooting and safestrap etc.

Androidi747
Old
(Last edited by Androidi747; 10th July 2014 at 05:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Can't you just uninstall safestrap and delete any root files off the internal SD card?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
http://i.imgur.com/lNEcz4t.png
Running Dynamic Kat Xtreme on the Note 3!