HELP! Just flashed Android Revolution 3.4 and now M8 won't turn on!

6th April 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just flashed Android Revolution HD 3.4 and now my M8 isn't turning on!

No matter how long I hold down the power button!

Won't HBOOT either!

HELP! What the hell do I do?!?!
6th April 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay, it's on now, I'm sorry for the panic, but now the startup screen in on and it's been there for a few minutes.

Should I just be patient?
6th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #3  
Flag Corvallis
Thanks Meter: 25

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbeyoung

Okay, it's on now, I'm sorry for the panic, but now the startup screen in on and it's been there for a few minutes.

Should I just be patient?

you still stuck on the HTC logo?
The Following User Says Thank You to jim380 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim380

you still stuck on the HTC logo?

No, man, thank you for the reply. It took a lot longer than I read it would.
6th April 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #5  
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 659

3,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
This thread Js not needed u can ask this question where u got the rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 775

2,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
For some people the current recovery crashes at the end. vol up + power seems to work.

First boot, if you wipe user data takes ages, but not as long as stock!
9th July 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
i think my phone is dead for good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk

For some people the current recovery crashes at the end. vol up + power seems to work.

First boot, if you wipe user data takes ages, but not as long as stock!

i accidentally flashed android revolution and selected not to wipe user data, which i suppose was wrong as i am coming from stock.. now when i turn my phone (VZW HTC One M8) on it gives me an inescapable group of error dialog boxes which prevents me from getting to (though i can see it behind the error) the initial phone setup. the errors read "Unfortunately, SmartcardService has stopped.", "Unfortunately, HTC Sense Input has stopped.", and "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." The third one never goes away.

apart from this, once my screen shuts off i can't turn it back on, though the device is still powered on.. i can't get to recovery, what next?

i'm quoting you in hopes that you have some idea where i can turn for help here.. thanks a lot
10th July 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 775

2,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snacksz23

i accidentally flashed android revolution and selected not to wipe user data, which i suppose was wrong as i am coming from stock.. now when i turn my phone (VZW HTC One M8) on it gives me an inescapable group of error dialog boxes which prevents me from getting to (though i can see it behind the error) the initial phone setup. the errors read "Unfortunately, SmartcardService has stopped.", "Unfortunately, HTC Sense Input has stopped.", and "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." The third one never goes away.

apart from this, once my screen shuts off i can't turn it back on, though the device is still powered on.. i can't get to recovery, what next?

i'm quoting you in hopes that you have some idea where i can turn for help here.. thanks a lot

Try holding volume up + down + power for 20 seconds, or just power for 20 seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electronic Punk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk

Try holding volume up + down + power for 20 seconds, or just power for 20 seconds.

thank you.. i was able to reboot recovery through command prompt which i didn't know about.. i'm pretty new :P
10th July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #10  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
I had similar trouble with this rom not booting from a fresh install. I would eventually boot but then i kept getting an error when trying to sign in to Google. In the end i gave up and restored my Venom nandroid, Its a shame because i really wanted to try the rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread