Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No USB connection in CM 11

Tip us?

polymath257
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default [Q] No USB connection in CM 11

I have an SCH-i535 running CM-11, M3-SNAPSHOT. My desktop is running Linux Mint 16 in one partition and Win 7 in another.

I cannot get the phone to show up when plugged into a USB hub. It isn't simply that MTP is not working, but that the USB connection doesn't even show up in dmesg. I have android debugging turned on and have tried to connect via adb in recovery also. In no situation have I been able to establish any sort of USB connection since changing to M3. Setting/toggling MTP under settings>>storage>>menu>>USB computer connection also fails.

I have also tried to connect from my Win 7 partition and nothing shows up at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than going back to 10.2?

yoda2nd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polymath257 View Post
I have an SCH-i535 running CM-11, M3-SNAPSHOT. My desktop is running Linux Mint 16 in one partition and Win 7 in another.

I cannot get the phone to show up when plugged into a USB hub. It isn't simply that MTP is not working, but that the USB connection doesn't even show up in dmesg. I have android debugging turned on and have tried to connect via adb in recovery also. In no situation have I been able to establish any sort of USB connection since changing to M3. Setting/toggling MTP under settings>>storage>>menu>>USB computer connection also fails.

I have also tried to connect from my Win 7 partition and nothing shows up at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than going back to 10.2?

I was having a similar issue, I followed the instructions in this post and it fixed the issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11732

polymath257
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda2nd View Post
I was having a similar issue, I followed the instructions in this post and it fixed the issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11732

I did not have an issue with the M7 snapshot. I have not yet tried for the M8.