Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] BlinkFeed: Twitter Authorization Problem

OP ccoulterjg1

30th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

43 posts
More
I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!
3rd July 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
I am having the same issue stock rooted deodexed Rom. Anyone found a fix?
5th July 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 65

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadzero

I am having the same issue stock rooted deodexed Rom. Anyone found a fix?

Same here... No solution
6th July 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

111 posts
Same here.. on stock rom
7th July 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

100 posts
IC rom ... Same problem
7th July 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 176

280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1

I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!

Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.
10th July 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 23

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpetrie77

Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.

I was having the same problem, update just came out for Twitter that solves this issue without reverting.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread