Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] BlinkFeed: Twitter Authorization Problem

Tip us?

ccoulterjg1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] BlinkFeed: Twitter Authorization Problem

I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!

Roadzero
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am having the same issue stock rooted deodexed Rom. Anyone found a fix?

onthehole
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadzero View Post
I am having the same issue stock rooted deodexed Rom. Anyone found a fix?
Same here... No solution

MALmen64
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Same here.. on stock rom

Voklav
Old
Thanks Meter 9
IC rom ... Same problem

kpetrie77
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1 View Post
I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!
Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.
Blog: http://www.howdoitech.com
Current Devices: VZW HTC One M8 | Galaxy S5 | Nexus 7 2013

SDC_Bolts
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpetrie77 View Post
Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.
I was having the same problem, update just came out for Twitter that solves this issue without reverting.