Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Idea for futuristic all inclusive android launcher

Tip us?

JayBlayk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Idea for futuristic all inclusive android launcher

I was looking through different android launcher apps, and I realised that none of them really were futuristic enough for what I was looking for haha
so I'm posting on here with some very basic designs and explanations in the hopes that someone who is good with app developing will pick up the project.
please note that these are very basic designs so I apologise if I don't explain it well enough, please feel free to ask questions.
I reference Next Launcher 3D in this quite a bit when explaining animations or graphics as that is the launcher that has come close enough to what I'm looking for, but not quite.

Basically this is a simplistic, minimalistic yet futuristic launcher
open onto a screen with 4 Buttons; apps, Phone, SMS and Widgets

(if that didnt work then the sharing URL is drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rTbu0kCCptMFNJUlNFR0o3Nkk/edit?usp=sharing I'm using google drive to store the pics, Ill post the link after the image from now on just in case

this will be very simplistic, but effects preferable as I'm going for the futuristic look

upon double tapping the big empty space on the right of the screen, a smaller screen will slide in from the right:

(drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rTbu0kCCptaTVMVHJiRVc4ckU/edit?usp=sharing)

this contains notification bubbles for social networks, a quick post option (without opening a new window) and quick access to media apps

swipe to the right to get rid of it and return to the first screen.

Upon clicking the apps icon, the other 3 icons shrink to the right (but remain clickable) and the apps 'shoot' out of the apps icon into the app drawer (like the folder shoot effect in next launcher 3d)

(drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rTbu0kCCptX0Q5YVNXUFFRT1E/edit?usp=sharing)

click the apps icon again to close it and the other icons return to normal size

upon clicking the phone icon the other icons disappear, the icon moves to the top of the screen, a back button appears next to the icon and an integrated dialler 'shoots' from the phone icon

(drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rTbu0kCCptUUJ6VDhRdXhzbUE/edit?usp=sharing)

I realise it's very different to have an integrated dialler but I like the idea of it and I'm surprised it hasnt been done much before

upon clicking the back icon, the dialer goes back into the phone icon and the other icons return

upon clicking the sms icon, the other icons disappear, the icon moves to the top of the screen, a back button appears next to the icon and an integrated sms inbox 'unfolds' from the sms icon (think window blinds)

(drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rTbu0kCCptTGxmV2o4emZBVTQ/edit?usp=sharing)

upon clicking the back button it folds up again

upon clicking on a sms thread it opens and allows you to message people
clicking back returns you to the main screen

upon clicking on the widget icon, the screen slides to the left, revealing a standard customisable widget grid (default 4X4) and you click the home button on your device to go back.

I Hope I've explained this well enough and I hope someone picks up the project as I would love to have this launcher

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 76
That sounds pretty cool. I'd test it out for sure.

Dalvenjia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Nice ideas

I hope some developer takes on thins, looks nice.

I think the icons shrinking to the left can be replaced with a slide menu like the one from the play store.

JayBlayk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default come on people

come on developers please haha this is a good idea, the end product could end up making money on the app store, im not even selling an idea here I just want it done haha anyone?

zr239
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First of all, you should add ok Google now bar. Your ideas are really cool and something I would try out. Also, for users running cm, you should also make you re launcher compatible with cyanogenmods theme engine. That way people can have a futuristic look their own way . and use moonshine icon pack

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 547
Futuristic is kinda modern Space...which I prefer!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

vivek2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
themer beta best

Sent from my A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gaurav.swain
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The concept looks ideal but it still needs some work. Any developers you have contacted regarding this project @JayBlayk?