Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock Htc One m8 - Without all techincal stuff

Tip us?

sweetpoison
Old
(Last edited by sweetpoison; 24th June 2014 at 09:16 AM.) Reason: Extra Queries
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Unlock Htc One m8 - Without all techincal stuff

Hi Fellow Members,

Forgive Me I donot Understand Any technical Android words like Bootloader, S-OFF, Root Etc

In Short I am a Prospective ANDROID NOOB!!!

Would appreciate your help in the following matter.

I would like to buy a HTC ONE M8 from the US.

The only deals I can get within my price range are BAD ESN Sprint and Verizon Phones.

I Intend to use the phone on GSM Networks in the United Kingdom.

Can you please answer the following questions

1) It is my understanding that when you insert a sim in a cdma phone (Sprint or Verizon) It will always ask for an unlock code?

2) Cant I just buy an unlock code off the internet without having the need to Boot,Rom,S-Off? and just unlock the phone to all GSM Networds Throughout the world. (Except US)?

3) Did any just try the unlock code? Did it work for anyone here With a BAD ESN? I dont mind spending a few dollars to get the phone unlocked.

4) Once unlocked through unlock code. Will it remain unlocked even if I Change Sims?

Please bare in mind The phone is for Use outside the US.

Can you fellows Please guide me regarding the same.

Thank you very much.

forelli
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Hi Fellow Members,

Forgive Me I donot Understand Any technical Android words like Bootloader, S-OFF, Root Etc

The only deals I can get within my price range are BAD ESN Sprint and Verizon Phones.

1) It is my understanding that when you insert a sim in a cdma phone (Sprint or Verizon) It will always ask for an unlock code?

2) Cant I just buy an unlock code off the internet without having the need to Boot,Rom,S-Off? and just unlock the phone to all GSM Networds Throughout the world. (Except US)?

3) Did any just try the unlock code? Did it work for anyone here With a BAD ESN? I dont mind spending a few dollars to get the phone unlocked.

4) Once unlocked through unlock code. Will it remain unlocked even if I Change Sims?

Thank you very much.
Just put more money in it and buy it either in the UK or in mainland Europe...
HTC One Black
S-OFF
Big thanks to the Firewater Team

If I was useful to you, please press the THANKS button

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." Sith Code
gplus.to/Starkiller as Galen Marek Twitter: @Darth_Sideous as Dantius Palpatine
The Following User Says Thank You to forelli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackice666
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Hi Fellow Members,

Thank you very much.

Sprint does not prompt for an unlock code (100% sure about that). As far as i know, Verizon is already sim unlocked for non US carriers.

No, it will not work. There is no unlock code prompt for SPRINT.

I have tried to purchase a SPRINT unlock code, i got the unlock code, and then i was refunded because there is no way you can enter that unlock code.

As stated above.

The best approach should be to buy an unlocked device. However one other approach should be to buy a Verizon/Sprint phone, and then buy $25 sunshine S-OFF. After that you can SIM unlock using the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708567

I did it on a Sprint M8, however it had a clean ESN.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackice666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweetpoison
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice666 View Post

Sprint does not prompt for an unlock code (100% sure about that). As far as i know, Verizon is already sim unlocked for non US carriers.

No, it will not work. There is no unlock code prompt for SPRINT.

I have tried to purchase a SPRINT unlock code, i got the unlock code, and then i was refunded because there is no way you can enter that unlock code.

As stated above.

The best approach should be to buy an unlocked device. However one other approach should be to buy a Verizon/Sprint phone, and then buy $25 sunshine S-OFF. After that you can SIM unlock using the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708567

I did it on a Sprint M8, however it had a clean ESN.
Thanks mate.

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
I'd be very cautious if I were you. The radio bands for the Sprint and Verizon M8s are different (see here). Whilst they both look ok to me for 3G usage, you may find that one or the other (or both) might never work on UK 4G networks.

Regards,

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to foxmeister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
(Last edited by ashyx; 24th June 2014 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Don't cause yourself problems. If you are in the UK buy within the UK or you'll have warranty problems. There are just as good deals available in the UK if you buy outright. You can buy brand new on eBay for around 450
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Don't cause yourself problems. If you are in the UK buy within the UK or you'll have warranty problems. The are just as good deals available in the UK if you buy outright. You can buy brand new on eBay for around 450
That's one of my main concerns when it comes to my M8...Also imported my device from the UK to South Africa. So I'm really!!!!! Hoping all stays well and the device doesn't have problems, exactly because of possible warranty issues
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muqay11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi Fellow Members,

Thank you very much.
From my understanding Sprint phones are tricky, because they don't come unlocked.
I bought a Verizon M8 last week from the US (God ESN) an I'm using it with no problems on a Italian GSM network (Vodafone). The only issue I had was that tethering didn't work but i flashed Viper ROM and everything now works great including tethering.
I now want to buy one for my wife and I found a great, almost new Verizon M8 (450$) with a bad ESN. Does anybody know if i can use this on Vodafone in Italy?