Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shattered Screen Experience

Tip us?

iNiREALiZED
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up HTC Honored After Dispute

Just thought I'd share my experience for anyone else wondering. I originally sent my phone in a week ago. Did the express option. After shipping the phone back received an email about two days later with the title" Your HTC quotation is ready". After clicking the link I see a that the quote is for $290, and the reason is illegal software.

Before sending my phone off all I did was a wipe. My phone was sent unlocked and rooted with ARHD 8.0 Rom and TWRP still intact. I called HTC the next day and filed a "quotation dispute ticket". They asked my reason and I said basically the screen was cracked due to physical damage and clearly no software installed on the phone had any impact on that. Got a call last Thursday (July 3rd) from an HTC repair manager. He apologized for the inconvenience and stated that after reviewing the phone he could see that it was unlocked but was still running HTC Sense rom, and was not overclocked or altered in other ways. Due to this they would honor the screen replacement. Got an email this morning saying the phone was sent out next day air, and should receive tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks HTC! I think the main issue they see is people installing GPE based roms or overclocking. It seems pretty standard that any unlocking will automatically red flag the phone and shoot out an automated quotation email for the $290. I think simply opening the dispute has someone take a deeper look into your issue and more times and none HTC will honor the replacement.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to iNiREALiZED For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

digitalcandy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Are GPe ROMs known to cause damage tot he phone?

iNiREALiZED
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcandy View Post
Are GPe ROMs known to cause damage tot he phone?
Not that I know of. I don't see why they would either. But from talking to the rep I got the impression that their criteria is based on if you're using a sense based rom with oem kernel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app