Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] mega 6.3 sim unlock

OP RandyLoDaGod

6th January 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.
8th January 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLoDaGod

Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.

If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.
8th January 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzsidebott

If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.

Its the Metro PCS version but thanks for the info...

Its the Metro PCS version. But thanks for the info...
9th January 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #4  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLoDaGod

Its the Metro PCS version but thanks for the info...

Its the Metro PCS version. But thanks for the info...

If you had the phone activated with metro for more than 3 months, call customer service and they will give the unlock code.
1st February 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Unlock
I saw a thread about unlocking which uses a certain method or setting inside our phone. Will it work on our mega
2nd February 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 22

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manlapasj13@gmail.com

I saw a thread about unlocking which uses a certain method or setting inside our phone. Will it work on our mega

nope not for the att mega
2nd February 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #7  
Flag North Jersey
Thanks Meter: 542

1,286 posts
More
I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

@ randy, thank you for your service and stay safe.
21st February 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #8  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 59

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom

I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

@ randy, thank you for your service and stay safe.

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier. > Seems as if it was activated just once then can be unlocked no issues. Seems this mostly applies to NEW phones...
The Following User Says Thank You to MC FLMJ1G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 49

499 posts
I had my Mega on MetroPCS for 3 months though I am no longer on MetroPCS. I called them 3 times and each time they put the request in and say I have to wait 3 business days for email but they never send email.... frustrating - I do not want to spend $30 because MetroPCS is supposed to give it to me for free.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread