Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][IOroot] Root your LG G Flex [D950|D955|D958|D959|F340|LS995][Weee!]

Tip us?

autoprime
Old
(Last edited by autoprime; 9th July 2014 at 04:47 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4297

DONATE TO ME
and the link took you to a g2 thread.. which should have been questioned before using.

but yes.. i mistakenly left that in there from when i copied it from the g2 thread.. because g2 and flex root are 100% same.

now removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MakeMeFibonacci
Old
(Last edited by MakeMeFibonacci; 9th July 2014 at 09:11 AM.) Reason: WTF quoting
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
and the link took you to a g2 thread.. which should have been questioned before using.

but yes.. i mistakenly left that in there from when i copied it from the g2 thread.. because g2 and flex root are 100% same.

now removed.
Again, I'm not blaming you. I am responsible for what I did to my phone. I was merely pointing something out that I thought should probably be corrected to avoid confusion.

What had happened was I took some Robitussin for a cold I was fighting, and I also took some Ambien because I was planning on going to sleep. I went through the process of going back to stock (I had rooted with JB previously), running the KK update, and rooting. The process took longer than I was expecting, so by the time I got to the relevant part of your instructions, I was pretty out of it. That's probably why I didn't notice that it was a G2 thread. It didn't help that I was being distracted by some mild hallucinations. Again, completely my fault. I'm comfortable enough with HTC phones to screw with them while under the influence of various mind-altering substances, but LG phones are new to me. I should have waited until I had gotten some sleep before attempting to do anything more complicated than Clash of Clans with my phone. The good news is that I have a working G Flex now, it's got KK on it, and it's rooted. The instructions and files you've provided made that possible, and for that you have my thanks. You have enabled me to abuse the sh*t out of my data because my plan isn't subject to throttling or caps, and I'd rather not give Comcast or AT&T any money.
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand know that you have no right to let them live."

Exterminatus Extremis

rekamyenom
Old
(Last edited by rekamyenom; 10th July 2014 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeFibonacci View Post
I can confirm that both root methods work on the LS995. The only thing that doesn't work is trying to install a custom recovery if you have KitKat. I hard bricked my phone doing that and had to lie to Best Buy to return it. It is possible that I may have missed something in the thread concerning exactly how to install a custom recovery, but it's not worth the risk.
I bricked mine as well trying to put a custom recovery on it (Whoops!). Just got it back from LG, sent it to them to see if they would fix it under warranty, they sent it back as it was saying the phone is damaged and not repairable due to an "epoxy crack". What kinda **** is that? an "epoxy crack?" Never heard of such a thing.... Lol...

Looks Like I am going to try to return it for a new one as well.
It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

MakeMeFibonacci
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, that little line that was just removed confused a lot of people. The key lesson here is this: Read the thread twice, flash once. And, at least in my case, drugs are bad (while in the process of voiding your phone's warranty, at least), mmmkay.

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. I hope everything works out for you.
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand know that you have no right to let them live."

Exterminatus Extremis

rekamyenom
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeFibonacci View Post
Yeah, that little line that was just removed confused a lot of people. The key lesson here is this: Read the thread twice, flash once. And, at least in my case, drugs are bad (while in the process of voiding your phone's warranty, at least), mmmkay.

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. I hope everything works out for you.
No worries, where there is a will there's a way, I'll get it swapped out one way or another with A new phone.
It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society