Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Help! Xolo Q700 pattern lock, face unlock, not working. Only Pin & Passwords works

OP ilovetea

14th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Before someone says that i better search this forum before posting, let me say that i have indeed searched the entire forum and have encountered a few people who had the same problem but some how that got resolved after resetting the "clear credentials"..

Okay so i am putting my problems here with some info about my phone:
  • My Phone is rooted.
    A few weeks back i had formatted the SD card, repartitioned it and installed Link2SD which is working fantastically

All this while i had pattern lock installed and then, i decided to change the unlock patterns and suddenly the option to unlock along with all the other options has been disabled with the following " disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage".

What all i have tried :
  • i have tried reset credential storage: no result
    i have tried to disabled "Android Device Manager" : No Result
    i have disabled the XOLO Secure Extra Security : Not able to uncheck it , tried and failed ... it just doesn't uncheck

I have reset Xolo Secure and removed the password and done what i could to ensure that i do not enable security, but still, am not able to uncheck Xolo Secure Extra Security in Settings >>Security >> Device Administration

Please help ... am really frustrated...

Model : Xolo Q700
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovetea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetea

Before someone says that i better search this forum before posting, let me say that i have indeed searched the entire forum and have encountered a few people who had the same problem but some how that got resolved after resetting the "clear credentials"..

• My Phone is rooted.
    A few weeks back i had formatted the SD card, repartitioned it and installed Link2SD which is working fantastically

All this while i had pattern lock installed and then, i decided to change the unlock patterns and suddenly the option to unlock along with all the other options has been disabled with the following " disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage".

What all i have tried :
    i have disabled the XOLO Secure Extra Security : Not able to uncheck it , tried and failed ... it just doesn't uncheck

I have reset Xolo Secure and removed the password and done what i could to ensure that i do not enable security, but still, am not able to uncheck Xolo Secure Extra Security in Settings >>Security >> Device Administration

Factory reset will work.
29th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
Thanks Meter: 843

365 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiezer

Factory reset will work.

I don't think so because Xolo Secure is factory app, try deleting that xolo app using any root file manager or You Can Always Flash Q700i Firmware with app2sd enabled.
11th July 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetea

• My Phone is rooted.

What all i have tried :

Hey so believe me ..... I had a similar problem.....What I did was pretty simple....!!!!!
Step 1 check if the app can be deleted if not .....it is bloatware
Step 2 :
Well root your phone ....if u haven't check out this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791108
Step 3 :
Check out an app called nobloat, install it(it is present on the play store)
Step 4 :
Open it and remove the xolo secure app.
Step 5 :
If u want (u can use the link) u can download cwm recovery....
Step 6:
Boot into it and wipe dalvik cache and factory reset.

Well this is it ....remember to back up your device before factory reset....mostly it should work on clearing credentials after u have deleted the app ....but if it doesn't then follow step 5 and 6...

Hope I have helped !!!!

Sent from my Note3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoolster

Hey so believe me ..... I had a similar problem.....What I did was pretty simple....!!!!!
Step 1 check if the app can be deleted if not .....it is bloatware

Step 2:
Check out an app called nobloat, install it(it is present on the play store)
Step 3:
Open it and remove the xolo secure app.
Step 4 :
If u want (u can use the link) u can download cwm recovery....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791108
Step 5 :
Boot into it and wipe dalvik cache and factory reset.

Well this is it ....remember to back up your device before factory reset....mostly it should work on clearing credentials after u have deleted the app ....but if it doesn't then follow step 4 and 5 ...

Hope I have helped !!!!

If u don't have cwm recovery or any recovery for that matter u can just do factory reset using settings...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread