Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] SIM UnLOCK FREE METHOD FoR NEWBS

Tip us?

jiijima
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Vincom for the post! I wish I had read this before I payed ebay for an unlock code though.

And I have not had any luck for AT&T providing me with an unlock code either. My contract was up so legally they should have given it to me, but since the Skyrocket is an AT&T exclusive phone they said unlock codes did not exist.

les_garten
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiijima View Post
Thanks Vincom for the post! I wish I had read this before I payed ebay for an unlock code though.

And I have not had any luck for AT&T providing me with an unlock code either. My contract was up so legally they should have given it to me, but since the Skyrocket is an AT&T exclusive phone they said unlock codes did not exist.
I've unlocked every phone I've ever had with ATT with an ATT provided code until this one. I've unlocked them long before the contract was up.

I just call them up and tell them I am traveling and have to use a Local SIM while I'm traveling.

As usual I called them and they gave me the code for this phone, it did not work. I had to go through the unlock here.

Did your Ebay code work?

It's strange because I've never had any issues with ATT unlock codes till I got to this one.
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600

jiijima
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I've unlocked every phone I've ever had with ATT with an ATT provided code until this one. I've unlocked them long before the contract was up.

I just call them up and tell them I am traveling and have to use a Local SIM while I'm traveling.

As usual I called them and they gave me the code for this phone, it did not work. I had to go through the unlock here.

Did your Ebay code work?

It's strange because I've never had any issues with ATT unlock codes till I got to this one.
My Ebay code worked. I am on T mobile now and getting LTE/HSPA+.

Vhanuman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great work. Thanks for the instructions. Worked out perfectly

I tried with T-Mobile Sim (as phone is from At&T). After reboot with Stock ROM (provided in the instructions) it asked me for network unlock key. So I entered the one I received from AT&T and it worked. After reflashing the backed up ROM everything is working great

Thanks again for your effort. Appreciate it
Tags
free, i727, i727r, sim unlock, skyrocket