PSA: Get the 65GB Google Drive space

Search This thread

ketchup4life

Nov 29, 2012
SO I opened up my Drive app and it had that promotion but it didn't work and said to contact google. I went searching for an online chat but nope I couldn't find one ( where the heck are you all finding an online chat?! ) So I called and got denied and was redirected to HTC because they handle these promos. I called HTC which denied me becuase of an unlocked bootloader. I called again and then got denied becuase AT&T doesn't have this promotion....sooo yeahhh

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Hmmm... didn't have to do any of that. Clicked on the widget and signed in. Told me about the 2 year 50gb promo then upgraded my Google drive account,.

Painless

If you did this on the 1.58 firmware, this was fixed specifically on that update. The promo feature was broken on the release (1.12) firmware; which is why folks resorted to contacting HTC and/or Google.

hoang555

Feb 20, 2009
Danang
just got +50 Google Drive space by contacting HTC Chat who emailed me with redeem code ! just give them necessary information and finally got your goal.

paranoid365

Jan 29, 2011
Alberta
Hmmm... didn't have to do any of that. Clicked on the widget and signed in. Told me about the 2 year 50gb promo then upgraded my Google drive account,.

Painless
I 2nd that Scott500, didn't have 2 do anything either, besides click on the google drive icon, and click on redeem, (choose my gmail account, sign-in), Now I have 65 GB total on my G drive [emoji41]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
I just got this email from Google today! Not sure why, but I'll take it!

Attachments

• 1409708063351.jpg
    1409708063351.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 265

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I just got this email from Google today! Not sure why, but I'll take it!

Got that as well.

" You activated an offer to receive free Google Drive storage from your HTC smartphone and we‘re pleased to inform you that we are increasing your free storage allotment to 100GB for the remainder of your offer term."

-Sent from Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Here's a link http://phandroid.com/2014/09/02/htc-google-drive-100gb-free-cloud-storage/

-Sent from Tapatalk

Reactions: co.ag.2005

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Mega is giving away 50GB free if anyone needs more space. They also have an app.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

23rdstreet

Feb 26, 2011
:good:
Still works. Google Chat Directed me to HTC Chat. If unlocked & s-off, just tread lightly. My rep couldn't find my serial number. After trying a couple of times, she sent the email. Got the 100Gb. So dope!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you guys know the international/dev edition m8 comes with 65gb of free google drive space. I believe the verizon version has it as well.

I didn't get this on my phone (seems like AT&T always cheats us of it) So I decided to chat in with Google Drive support and told them I just got the m8 and I didn't get the 65gb of space for two years promotion. He had me go through the product tour to look for a redeem option. There wasn't one. He then manually added the 65gb to my drive account. :)

To to the page:
    https://support.google.com/drive/?hl=en#topic=14940&ts=2406486

click the contact us link on the top right then select the "Google storage" option. You will then have an option to either call in or live chat. Just tell them you were supposed to get 65gb for 2 years when purchasing the HTC m8 and you didn't get your space. win!
    I just tried and was told the same thing, go to HTC :(

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Update - I did a live chat session with HTC. Within a few minutes the rep sent me an email with a link and boom, added 50GB to my account! :)

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/chat/

Good luck everyone!
    Same thing they told me, they gave me this link. I contacted HTC as well, so we'll see.

I called HTC earlier today and spoke to someone about it. She asked for my IMEI, and saw I had a M8 on AT&T. She then asked for my name, and email address, and emailed me a link to activate the promotion.

Long story short, maybe just call HTC instead of worrying about dealing with Google. :good:
    What did you put for your IMEI number when it asks?

It's optional.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    What info did they ask for?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Your basic info and phone info before starting the chat. Name, phone number, phone model, phone IMEI, and your email to send the activation email.