Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][April13][KitKat][4.4.2] Beanstalk | Release 5 | bravo System wizard stop work

Tip us?

Hariok
Old
(Last edited by Hariok; 8th July 2014 at 07:51 PM.) Reason: Forgot an attachement
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Problems with sd-ext partition

So, I did the steps bellow:
1. I installed the stock HBOOT
2. Installed 4EXT recovery
3. Full wipe
4. Partitioned the sd card as follows: 1024Mb sd-ext in EXT4 FS, 128 Mb Swap, and the rest for my FAT32 partition.
5. Flashed Beanstalk 4.4.2 Release 5
6. Reboot to the OS, let it to settle a bit, then reboot to the recovery
7. Installed the GApps
8. Reboot to thee OS, let it to settle a bit then reboot to the recovery
9. Installed Mounts2SD - Easy method
10. Reboot to the OS.

So, in Apps i see 27 Mb used, 121 Mb Free. The question is: Where are the rest of 1Gb?
Mount2Sd application shows that i have an external partition of 1024Mb, and the checkboxes are set adequatelly in Settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-21-36-13.png
Views:	20
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2840717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-21-36-30.png
Views:	20
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2840718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-21-48-17.png
Views:	19
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2840731  

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,940

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariok View Post
So, I did the steps bellow:
1. I installed the stock HBOOT
2. Installed 4EXT recovery
3. Full wipe
4. Partitioned the sd card as follows: 1024Mb sd-ext in EXT4 FS, 128 Mb Swap, and the rest for my FAT32 partition.
5. Flashed Beanstalk 4.4.2 Release 5
6. Reboot to the OS, let it to settle a bit, then reboot to the recovery
7. Installed the GApps
8. Reboot to thee OS, let it to settle a bit then reboot to the recovery
9. Installed Mounts2SD - Easy method
10. Reboot to the OS.

So, in Apps i see 27 Mb used, 121 Mb Free. The question is: Where are the rest of 1Gb?
Mount2Sd application shows that i have an external partition of 1024Mb, and the checkboxes are set adequatelly in Settings.
The space wont actually show up in the settings, however it will still move stuff to the ext partition. You can test it out by installing some apps, then using a file explorer to confirm that the apks are being placed into /sd-ext/.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hariok
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
The space wont actually show up in the settings, however it will still move stuff to the ext partition. You can test it out by installing some apps, then using a file explorer to confirm that the apks are being placed into /sd-ext/.

oh... ok...
I just saw in other ROMs that the extended space was shown in Apps, so i thought that something isn't working.

Thanks for a quick response, i was thinking to install the ROM the third time...
have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote:
emmm, and i found something else, the camera don't work.
At launch it says: Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.
Is there a fix for that?

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,940

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
emmm, and i found something else, the camera don't work.
At launch it says: Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.
Is there a fix for that?
Flash this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hariok
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Flash this.
Thanks, i'll try.
And, i think the last question:

What this android icon on the lockscreen is meant to do. I't doesn't nothing when I unlock to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-21-15.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	2840755  

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,940

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, i'll try.
And, i think the last question:

What this android icon on the lockscreen is meant to do. I't doesn't nothing when I unlock to it.
Its some preconfigured app that doesnt seem to be installed. You can remove it by going to Settings > Beanstalk options > Lockscreen > Targets, and then click the reset icon in the top right corner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hariok
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Its some preconfigured app that doesnt seem to be installed. You can remove it by going to Settings > Beanstalk options > Lockscreen > Targets, and then click the reset icon in the top right corner.
will it install if i reinstall the same build, or shoul I try another build of yours, like the 4th?
and, were my steps correct during the installation?

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,940

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
will it install if i reinstall the same build, or shoul I try another build of yours, like the 4th?
and, were my steps correct during the installation?
No, dont reinstall it. It simply isnt there. You can reconfigure it to be what ever app you want, or remove it altogether.
Your installation steps looked good to me.

_to_
Old
(Last edited by _to_; 11th July 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial Asian Language Support

Hi,

First of all thanks for your great work Chromium. This ROM is exactly what I have been looking for.

Since my device is German, it will try to use German as default language which leads to the physical keys (except home) not working which was fixed as explained by switching default language to English.

I had to flash the ROM several times (porbably my own fault: in the beginning I didn't let it settle at all before going to the next step, that might have caused some trouble like systemUI shutting down and Nova launcher messing up the display with artifacts).
During several flashes I just happened to see the initial setup wizard one time, and then it crashed when I tried to choose another language. That made it necessary to go to the language menu manually and choose English (UK) as default after the message "Android keyboard shut down" appeared several times already.

The setup wizard should activate after the first boot after flashing the ROM, I guess?
(I am using 4EXT, performing the "format all partitions (except SD card)" option before any new flash)
Is it possible it doesn't even start when the system default language is any other than English?

In the language picking menu, I already noticed that the ROM does not display any asian languages (Chinese, Japanese, for example). Some other foreign characters seem to be supported though (maybe hebrew, arabic, I'm not sure since I can't read them).

I anticipated that would be fixed after installing Google Japanese Input which I have used before on CyanogenMod.
That however is not the case.
Strangely, the characters are there (I can input them into Google and get the search results I would expect) but they are not displayed. All I see is white spaces.
This happens in the system menu, as well as in apps and on websites.

It's rendering the ROM useless for me since I currently live in Japan...

Is there any way to get the ROM to display asian characters?