Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [CM11] Minimal Gapps (gapps-kk-20140620-2)

Tip us?

Tsjoklat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,180
I have reverted my gapps package back to gapps-kk-20140606-1 and have also created a minimal gapps package for this version (gapps-kk-20140606-1-minimal-signed.zip)

ART framework should now work as expected with these versions.

After some testing, I have reverted back to my previous version 20140606-1 of gapps because the new libraries found on the Nexus 5 Stock ROM are not fully compatible with CM11.

Links to the normal and minimal gapps packages can be found on the OP. These versions of gapps should solve all of the reported issues.

Thanks for testing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tsjoklat
Old
(Last edited by Tsjoklat; 21st June 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,180
Default gapps-kk-20140620-1-signed.zip

Updated OP with Standard and Minimal Gapps for Android 4.4.4.

Notes: Dirty flash on top of previous gapps (gapps-kk-20140606-1) is suggested upgrade method. You don't need to format /system and reflash the ROM. Just flash new gapps and that is it (if you are updating from my previous version).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CWGSM3VO
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat View Post
Upon further testing with CalendarProvider.apk, it appears that the stock CM calendar application does not function properly anymore. The stock CM calendar application is unable to respond to scheduling appointments in the agenda via gmail notifications when using CalendarProvider.apk. The only way to use CalendarProvider.apk is to remove the stock CM calendar application and replace it with Google's Calendar application. Therefore, I have removed the CalendarProvider.apk from gapps and reverted back to GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk. The stock CM calendar application works completely fine with GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk.
I was not able to get this working with your 4.4.4 package. Same problem with stock CM Calendar. When I press "yes" to accept event, it just hangs the email client (pressing back will kill the app, long-press). I have to export the ICS file and import it with a 3rd party tool. I know this used to work but I've tried several gapps packages and all do the same. If I disable CM Calender and download Google Calendar, it opens Chrome and tells me the event was sent to my personal email address and not my Google address and can't add it.

Very frustrating. Hope someone comes up with a working fix.
Motorola RAZR HD GSM XT925
ROM: CM 11 Nightly (KKBL) / Gapps (browse GitHub / Bug Tracking / Code Review / Jenkins / Forums)
Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48.4 (CWM 6.0.5.0)
Baseband: VANQUISH_U_BP_100740.081.65.38P
Carrier: Rogers

Tsjoklat
Old
(Last edited by Tsjoklat; 27th June 2014 at 09:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGSM3VO View Post
I was not able to get this working with your 4.4.4 package. Same problem with stock CM Calendar. When I press "yes" to accept event, it just hangs the email client (pressing back will kill the app, long-press). I have to export the ICS file and import it with a 3rd party tool. I know this used to work but I've tried several gapps packages and all do the same. If I disable CM Calender and download Google Calendar, it opens Chrome and tells me the event was sent to my personal email address and not my Google address and can't add it.

Very frustrating. Hope someone comes up with a working fix.
Hmm. I just tested responding to calendar events from gmail with 4.4.4 and it worked as expected. Maybe it is because I am only syncing calendar events from only one gmail account. Have you enabled the calendar sync in the account settings?

Edit: make sure you follow the upgrade instructions on the OP where the first step is to format /system. Maybe the problem is just an installation issue.

CWGSM3VO
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat View Post
Hmm. I just tested responding to calendar events from gmail with 4.4.4 and it worked as expected. Maybe it is because I am only syncing calendar events from only one gmail account. Have you enabled the calendar sync in the account settings?

Edit: make sure you follow the upgrade instructions on the OP where the first step is to format /system. Maybe the problem is just an installation issue.
It doesn't seem to matter what version of Gapps I use, same problem. I always do a clean install when installing them (so format /system). I'm not responding to calendar events in my GMail but rather the stock CM Email client. It's a Google calendar invite and gives me the option of Yes/No/Maybe/More Options and hangs on this. Logcat shows it's having a problem with the calendar provider.

Fairly certain it was working sometime ago between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 Just need to find the magic combo again I guess. End of the day, it doesn't understand .ICS attachments (need 3rd party to merge into Calendar). I suppose I can just migrate over to GMail and see how it works out.
Motorola RAZR HD GSM XT925
ROM: CM 11 Nightly (KKBL) / Gapps (browse GitHub / Bug Tracking / Code Review / Jenkins / Forums)
Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48.4 (CWM 6.0.5.0)
Baseband: VANQUISH_U_BP_100740.081.65.38P
Carrier: Rogers

Tsjoklat
Old
(Last edited by Tsjoklat; 27th June 2014 at 09:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,180
You are right. It's working in gmail, but not in the stock email client.

Edit: GoogleCalendarSyncAdapater.apk is currently version 4.4-927798 (which is the same version since Android 4.4.2).

Tsjoklat
Old
(Last edited by Tsjoklat; 11th July 2014 at 03:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,180
Default gapps-kk-20140620-2-signed.zip

Ive uploaded a new version of gapps with the following changes:

1) Remove ConfigUpdater.apk to prevent system wide changes to selinux and internal firewall policies
2) Update ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk to 4.4-927798
3) Remove some unused system libraries

lib/libpatts_engine_jni_api.so (for old version of Text to Speech)
lib/libplus_jni_v8.so (for Google+)
lib/libWVphoneAPI.so (for Google Movies)

These libraries would only need to be installed if Google+ and Google Movies are installed as system applications. If these applications are installed from the play store, then these libraries are already included in the apk files.

4) Update Google Search (Velvet.apk)

Note: If you already have ConfigUpdater.apk installed, in order to remove the policy changes from ConfigUpdater.apk, it might be necessary to factory reset.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]