Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Acer DA241HL Smart Display 24"

Tip us?

dan2k3k4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Acer DA241HL Smart Display 24"

I'm looking for help with a few Acer DA241HL devices I have. I updated a couple of them to the newest system update which added a "portrait" mode, however since these screens are for desks/tables are therefore are meant to be left in horizontal mode, the Acer devs basically just made a thin resolution to fake the "portrait" effect (i.e. it's like 640x1080 centered in the screen instead of 1080x1920 titled 90 degrees, by default it's 1920x1080).

I want to rollback the firmware, from what I gather, I need to be able to access fastboot on the devices that I didn't update and perform a full backup? Then push that backup to those devices that I want to "rollback"?

My problem is that it's a Smart Display, when I reach the bootloader by doing adb reboot bootloader, the options show up after reboot for about 5 seconds before it shuts down. However, during those 5 seconds, pressing Volume Up/Down on the display only changes the volume up and down for the built-in speakers (the OSD pops up showing volume level), so I have no idea how I can switch options with only the 5 buttons available:

Input (button to switch between HDMI input mode, so you can use it as a 2nd display for your laptop or similar OR switches back to the Android boot)
Options/Menu button (for the OSD, to change brightness, contrast etc.)
Minus button (for Volume down or moving down in options menu)
Plus button (for Volume up or moving up in options menu)
Power button

When I'm in the bootloader, it's difficult to exit it and boot into Android... it seems I have to hold the power button when it's off and keep it held until it powers on then wait ~1-2 minutes while still holding the power button until it turns back off... then it seems to boot into normal Android...

If anyone has one of these devices and knows how to select the options in the bootloader it'll be a great help since I can't access fastboot unless I select it in the options

dan2k3k4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone?

dan2k3k4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I guess no one else has this device, I've updated but really need to figure out a way to root the device as Acer introduced "portrait mode" around November but it sets the display as portrait within the horizontal screen (meaning it shows up like a mini centered screen on the larger horizontal view!) and we need it to be back to the old portrait mode which filled the whole screen (it was basically horizontal screen rotated 90 degrees).