[Q] Change "Serial Number" or "System Identifier" (Unsure What To Call It?)

OP Dvdxploitr

23rd June 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

93 posts
Okay, some apps, such as FeaturePoints, tie itself to the system somehow. Like no matter how many times you clear the system data, wipe cache, etc....it keeps that information on your phone. I guess it goes by serial # or something. But I have FeaturePoints on my phone but the referral code I used it linked to someone I don't wish to support anymore. The only way I can input another referral code is to be able to start over as if the app has never been installed on the device. I know Apple uses a UDID which can be changed via a Jailbreak tweak. I used to use Grindr Xtra for like 30 days by changing my UDID every time I wanted to use it. Other apps do the same thing I believe....so is there any way to change the serial # or UDID (if thats what its called on Android) to make it think the app is being installed on a device for the first time?
24th June 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 230

375 posts
More
Android I'D can be changed by Titanium Backup app, paid version, you maybe able to find other way to change

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D
24th June 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk

Android I'D can be changed by Titanium Backup app, paid version, you maybe able to find other way to change

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

This. Manage android id in titanium backup menu gives the option to generate new random number.
Last edited by roaming4gnome; 24th June 2014 at 08:37 AM.
25th June 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

93 posts
Well, I tried it.....$5.99 and it didn't do what I wanted. I was wanting it to ask me to sign up with FeaturePoints again, but it didn't....it loaded it up as it normally would....I even deleted the app and re-installed it after changing ID...
11th July 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 230

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdxploitr

Well, I tried it.....$5.99 and it didn't do what I wanted. I was wanting it to ask me to sign up with FeaturePoints again, but it didn't....it loaded it up as it normally would....I even deleted the app and re-installed it after changing ID...

Is it tied into your Facebook acct. or Google acct. ?
11th July 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk

Is it tied into your Facebook acct. or Google acct. ?

I think its tied to your phone serial #.....You do have to tell it your G+ or FB account, but even putting in a different one doesn't make a difference (I've tried with two Google accounts and 2 FB accounts)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread