Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best AOSP solution (so far)

Tip us?

archbox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayoh View Post
I decided to give another Liquidsmooth 4.4.4 a shot. I am THOROUGHLY impressed with this ROM. I am, in fact, hating myself for not trying this sooner. It's the fastest ROM I've ever used. I really can't imagine anything faster even... extremely stable (no crashes), love the features, camera works really well...

Basically, until someone convinces me another AOSP ROM is better, Liquid is my daily driver. I do miss speakerphone, but I can live without it, and I'm hoping that it will function someday.
Which nightly are you running, and what gapps?

Does the camera and camera settings work alright?

emjayoh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by archbox View Post
Which nightly are you running, and what gapps?

Does the camera and camera settings work alright?
Just updated to 6/29 nightly, but was running 6/26 without any issues. I'm using the latest GAPPS linked on the first page of the thread (4.4.3?)

6/29 has the nice dot-view case stuff.

After a few days of using the camera, I'd say it has some minor issues. It still takes great pics, but I noticed I have some quality issues when using flash (still works great, but not as sharp as HTC camera).

I actually found that Google camera works a little better than the stock camera app.

I'm not usually one to use a ROM that has camera issues, but the speed of Liquid is just amazing. I also love blackout mode.

Tempted to try Cyanogen, but haven't had much time.

emjayoh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Going to give CM11 a shot for a few days. Liquid has been great, but I'm a flashaholic and have to see how CM has been coming along.

Only gripes with liquid so far:
  • DSP buggy - solved by uninstalling and putting viper audio
  • Camera not 100% perfect, but very good still
  • Windowed apps bug where you can actually put your homescreen in a window and cause some type of infinite loop, restart required to fix (rare and situational)

archbox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Going to give CM11 a shot for a few days. Liquid has been great, but I'm a flashaholic and have to see how CM has been coming along.

• Windowed apps bug where you can actually put your homescreen in a window and cause some type of infinite loop, restart required to fix (rare and situational)
Viper didn't fix my LS sound does CM have this problem? Are you running it right now?

Sent from my One M8

dmrnhs
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just installed SlimRoms yesterday and I can say that I really like it. From what I've used so far everything is stable and working except for speakerphone. Music is clear, pictures are clear and I can send and receive mms. I also like that its not updated quite as often as I don't have the time to install a nightly everyday. Highly recommended to give a try. SlimKat 6

Denvertoad
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Cyanogenmod daily driver

I've been using CM11 Nightlies for about two weeks. Excepting the speakerphone issue I've no problems. I did see the CPU min settings cycling so I switched to Furnace kernels.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784395

His kernel works brilliantly and my battery life is beyond my wildest expectations. Two plus days with light usage, heavy usage five hours of screen and @ twenty percent end of day. One trick I use with CM nightlies is to flash couple of days after release. Make sure all's sorted out and stable first.

Dwight Caffery
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Right now I'm running the GPE with ElementalX kernel with no problems at all, although I haven't tested some things that I don't use (such as GPS). I remember awhile back I was using Vanir and it was awesome, with every feature that I wanted, and it was still blazing fast. The reason I left it (besides my Chronic Flashing Disorder) was android system ui fc'ing on me to the point where I couldn't interact with my phone at all. I had to wait for the battery to die so I could boot into recovery and flash a nandroid.
I'm sure that this has since been fixed, this all happened quite awhile ago (sometime in May I believe) so if you get bored with LS you could give that a try, or try out the GPE with ElementalX - I'm quite happy with it, only thing I miss is CM's profiles.

emjayoh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
After a few days on CM, I think I may stick with this as my daily driver. It feels a little more refined than liquid, but maybe 1-2% slower (could be just me?)

I'm using 4.4.4 gapps which seem rock solid. I'm using FLUX theme, which gives everything a really nice modern and clean feel.

mikexda
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

So are you saying that Liquid does not have the speakerphone bug, or do you just not use it?

emjayoh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexda View Post
So are you saying that Liquid does not have the speakerphone bug, or do you just not use it?
I never used it, but assume it was broken. At first this was a big deal, but I'm used to it now and don't care. Hoping it gets fixed someday, but I can cope for a beautiful AOSP experience.