FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] Screen Protector Options for Z1S?

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By snobrdr2324, Senior Member on 24th January 2014, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all, I am hoping to buy the Z1S through tmobile since I had the Z and loved it. The problem I'm having is all of the tempered glass screen protectors are for the Z1 which has the proximity sensor on the left of the Sony logo. I don't know what effect it will have putting a Z1 protector on and having it cover up the proximity sensor/light sensor.

What are you Z1S owners doing for screen protectors?
 
 
24th January 2014, 05:44 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 950
 
More
Our phone already has a screen protector so I'm not putting double screen protectors one it. When the oem one scratches up, I'll just replace it.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s
24th January 2014, 07:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

Our phone already has a screen protector so I'm not putting double screen protectors one it. When the oem one scratches up, I'll just replace it.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s

That is true, but the Tempered glass screen protectors are very nice and I'm not sure I want to go back to the plastic film ones. Not to mention there are very few xperia z1s PET film ones that I can find.
24th January 2014, 08:47 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I got this one
HTML Code:
www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=3638&page=1
Does the job perfectly. I have droped the phone and the protector has chipped on the corner not my screen thanks to this screen protector.
24th January 2014, 10:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil1308

I got this one

HTML Code:
www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=3638&page=1
Does the job perfectly. I have droped the phone and the protector has chipped on the corner not my screen thanks to this screen protector.

I have the same brand on my nexus 5 and love it, but this one is designed for the internation Z1 which is why I was asking this question in the first place. The cutout for the light sensor is on the wrong side for the US version and it would be covered.
24th January 2014, 10:11 PM |#6  
epsix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317
 
Donate to Me
More
I just purchase a case and screen protector at tmobile corporate store. They have three different case and one no name scree protector.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk 2
24th January 2014, 11:17 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdr2324

I have the same brand on my nexus 5 and love it, but this one is designed for the internation Z1 which is why I was asking this question in the first place. The cutout for the light sensor is on the wrong side for the US version and it would be covered.


I dont think it should i mean the glass its only 0.3 mm tick which shouldnt make as much differance for the sensors. The sensors are already covered by screen protector that it put by sony you could always take the stock screen procector off and then but the glass one on your screen.
25th January 2014, 09:32 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Don't do that... Sony logo is rumored to be on screen protector.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th July 2014, 07:35 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just ripped my OEM protector of last night and the Sony logo's are in the glass this time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
screen protector, tempered glass, z1s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes