Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 43,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VS980 Stuck in fastboot

Tip us?

joshuascan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] VS980 Stuck in fastboot

I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 and have been trying to install a recovery mod. I somehow got rid of the stock recovery, but couldn't setup a new one. Now my phone is stuck on the fastboot screen. I've been able to get it to the stock recovery screen, but when it starts to wipe the drive, it just takes me back to the fastboot screen. I'm very new to this and haven't been able to figure this out through any other threads. I'm using Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

eye_rule
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuascan View Post
I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 and have been trying to install a recovery mod. I somehow got rid of the stock recovery, but couldn't setup a new one. Now my phone is stuck on the fastboot screen. I've been able to get it to the stock recovery screen, but when it starts to wipe the drive, it just takes me back to the fastboot screen. I'm very new to this and haven't been able to figure this out through any other threads. I'm using Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm in the same boat. I tried to install TWRP using the Autorec but accidentally used the one for the LS980, and now I'm stuck at the fastboot screen. Did you ever solve this?

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1282

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_rule View Post
I'm in the same boat. I tried to install TWRP using the Autorec but accidentally used the one for the LS980, and now I'm stuck at the fastboot screen. Did you ever solve this?
Code:
Select Code
1. download fastboot
2. download laf.img boot.img aboot.img for your variant
(or download your kdz, download kdz/tot extractor and extract partitions --and rename them from boot_45465757.bin to boot.img)
* boot_45465757.bin is just an example.

3. fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
4. fastboot flash boot boot.img
5. fastboot flash laf laf.img
-> download mode should be back