Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia Z Graphics Chip and GPU question

Tip us?

raghavsood999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry Sony Xperia Z Graphics Chip and GPU question

Hello, i own the Sony xperia z mobile phone. I want to know how many cores or processors the GPU of the phone employs.

As far as i know, the phone has an Adreno 320 Graphics Processing Unit clocked at 400Mhz.

Also i think there are many version of the adreno 320 video chip but some people tell me there is only one.

So i would like more information about the GPU. I also want to know the amount of video ram or video memory or VRAM the graphics chip on this device has to store video memory or pixels/memory for images.

I know that some phones can use the RAM for storing images like a buffer or a cache memory instead of their own video memory using NOP tecchnology.

I know what vram is for. Its like ram but it holds the pictures or pixels info for the pictures the gpu is processing like the hard drive.

However, VRAM is used instead of ram or hard drive to make information processing faster.

So ram was made to store settings and temp data of programs so that they can have faster access.

So just like that there is vram and it may also be on the same chip of the GPU for the adreno 320 video chip.

So, basically i must know the amount of graphics cores or processor the GPU uses and also the amount of video memory it uses to store all of it's graphics or images.

Do you know the scalibility of this gpu and the max frame rate of the gpu. Also does it support open gl 3.0?
Thank you

railwayplatform
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Adreno 320 inside the Qualcomm S4 Pro & Prime Series,
with unified shader architecture and dual channel
memory. It supports Direct3D feature level 9_3 in
addition to OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES
1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.4, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2

Sent from my LT26i