Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worst 4G speeds in the USA?

Tip us?

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by trook View Post
Yes. I would say that a month is a ridiculous amount of time, if your not getting bomb service in a week or two call and complain and they will open up a ticket and if enough people who are camping on the towers you speak of they will escalate it. Verizon has the best standards and uses the most expensive equipment but it's not all fired up right now due to drive test issues, swapped sector's, but I remember dealing with the same thing with AT&T and T-Mobile so it's not new and they really are throwing a ridiculous amount of money at it because as I said, they want those towers taking as much traffic as possible but if you want to download one of the apps that tell you what site and sector your on I can go look at it, you said your in long Beach right?? I work out of the Verizon building off sand Canyon in Irvine it's really not that far.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Let me know of the app. Glad to help if I can and report the weak areas to you?

Yes Long Beach 90805 to San Pedro 90731. Areas I would get 16+mb/sec speeds now .5-3mb/sec for over a month now. Voice has always been fine for calls, download speeds are terrible.
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Evocm7
Old
Thanks Meter 345
I'm glad to know this is happening all over the place. At least I know my phone isn't messed up. I'm a couple hours north of LA and having the same issue. Band 13 is the problem for me. The areas I have problems in are not aws band 4 areas. Hope this is fixed soon because my job is not in an aws area either so I can barely use my phone at all

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by trook View Post
Yes. I would say that a month is a ridiculous amount of time, if your not getting bomb service in a week or two call and complain and they will open up a ticket and if enough people who are camping on the towers you speak of they will escalate it. Verizon has the best standards and uses the most expensive equipment but it's not all fired up right now due to drive test issues, swapped sector's, but I remember dealing with the same thing with AT&T and T-Mobile so it's not new and they really are throwing a ridiculous amount of money at it because as I said, they want those towers taking as much traffic as possible but if you want to download one of the apps that tell you what site and sector your on I can go look at it, you said your in long Beach right?? I work out of the Verizon building off sand Canyon in Irvine it's really not that far.

Today is the first day at work in Long Beach that I see 2-3 bars of 4G since over 5 weeks! I ran speed test to confirm and happy with the results even though upload kind of sucks. I'm still happy to help though if you want to let me know the name of that app to figure out the towers for you if you can further look into this?

Hope these results only improve if possible from here!

Mind you last 5 weeks same exact area was getting 1-2 bars of 3G with speed test of .5-1mb/sec download speeds.

Preston2291
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Haven't read anywhere where aws has gone live for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL but this was during peak hours on a Friday afternoon.

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Damn knew I spoke too soon. The test results I posted earlier lasted literally for an hour then dropped back down to crap. Weird took test in literally same exact location, my office!

trook
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
Damn knew I spoke too soon. The test results I posted earlier lasted literally for an hour then dropped back down to crap. Weird took test in literally same exact location, my office!
No, it will be back. There is a lot of drive testing and alarm clearing and testing we have to do then submit to the fcc before we get official "on air" status, but all of that only takes a few weeks. It will be turned on then off a few times. Then comes optimization where they dial in every antenna. They're pushing hard right now so don't lose hope, we still have over 9000 antennas to change in the so cal market alone and about a thousand sites still slated for AWS by the end of the year, then it's second carrier. In a couple years it will be fiber from the switch to the site. Copper is being phased out. But I still stand by my original comment, T-Mobile is 3x faster in our area right now anyways but we will catch up.

Hash for President

spjetrovic
Old
(Last edited by spjetrovic; 9th July 2014 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
I was having many issues with radio reception on my M8. Got to the point that I fired up my S4 and you know what the Sammy radios aren't that bad.
Didn't expect this .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
I guess full bars on 3G connection doesn't mean much with Verizon. Might as well be 1X connection for data.

trook
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Wow that's a great speed. I'm going to fire up my old S4 and see if that's what I get!

Hash for President

Gilgafish
Old
Thanks Meter 0
These speeds are insane! Are any of these coming off verizon's xlte service?