Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked G2 no data on AT&T

Tip us?

feelingnerdi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Unlocked G2 no data on AT&T

Hi all!

I unlocked my T-Mobile G2 successfully and took it to AT&T to get on the Go Plan.. The sales rep put in the sim card, money into my account and my call and text is good to go.. however there is no data at all.. I called AT&T CS and they gave me APN settings but still no data.. Ive seen people say they have LTE working on the same set up.. Any advice? Would flashing a stock AT&T G2 Rom work or would i get bricked?

Seems like the phone is compatible and uses similar bands.. At this point I don't care if it is 3G, 4G or LTE.. I just need data lol..

feelingnerdi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
BUMP

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I have an unlocked T-Mobile LG G2 and it gets data fine on the AT&T Network with H2O (an AT&T MVNO). Double check your APN settings, and make sure data and sync are enabled.

xxflyingarmbarxx
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I got a tmobile G2 on AT&T as well (Cricket mvno) and have no lte. I get 3g speeds which tops out at 2 or 3 mbps but i get no att 4g speed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I switched to Straight Talk (AT&T network) a few days ago and I get LTE (H2O only had access to the HSPA network of AT&T but not to the LTE or the GSM). Make sure you have LTE enabled in Settings -> Tethering & networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode