Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] I337_NC1 & NB1_Safestrap_TetherAddOn zips

Tip us?

muniz_ri
Old
(Last edited by muniz_ri; 21st June 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 887
Default [Guide] I337_NC1 & NB1_Safestrap_TetherAddOn zips

The following files will enable tethering on your I337. Make certain you use the version applicable to your current build. Proceed at your own risk!

Here they are:

I337UCUFNC1_Safestrap_TetherAddOn.zip

I337UCUFNB1_Safestrap_TetherAddOn.zip

Instructions:
1. Root your device(See Post #2 for rooting options) and install *Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk.
2. Place the applicable Safestrap_TetherAddOn.zip in ext sdcard.
3. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery and flash the Safestrap_TetherAddOn.zip in Stock Slot (Do Not Wipe Prior to Flashing!)
4. Reboot. Done!

*You can solve Safestrap installation issues by downloading the Selinux Mode Changer app from the Play Store:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....selinux&hl=en. Install the app and set selinux to permissive. Done! Please thank @Maribou for this great find!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muniz_ri
Old
(Last edited by muniz_ri; 19th June 2014 at 03:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 887
Default NC1 & NB1 Rooting Options

NC1 Users: Use Towelroot.apk

NB1 Users: Flash the NC1_Stock_Kernel in PDA Slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+), then use Towelroot.apk to root your device. (Optional: flash the NB1_Stock_Kernel once rooted). Alternatively, flash the I337UCUFNB1_4.4_Rootable_Stock_Odin_tar to get back to factory stock NB1 then use Towelroot.apk to root your device.

muniz_ri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 887
reserved

Ziken
Old
Thanks Meter 7
thanks. been waiting for a method to install safestrap and to get hotspot. gonna test it out and see how long before AT&T or Net10 lock me out or send me a notice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billion10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After I flashed zip on Golden Eye Rom I get stuck on Samsung boot screen. I did not wipe anything before flashing

smokeythebear3
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Is this only for stock rooted nc1/nb1 or can this applied on top of a custom rom like ShoStock?

muniz_ri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeythebear3 View Post
Is this only for stock rooted nc1/nb1 or can this applied on top of a custom rom like ShoStock?
Most custom roms already offer tethering built in. Also they may already have a modified framework-res.apk(which these files replace) and may cause issues. So to answer your question I recommend only using this hack on stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cuda70383
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have an att i337 stock mf3, rooted using towel and su access. unlocked sim using tmo sim, which file should i download? also im on 4.2.2.. or if i update to atleast 4.3 with the newer modem will that fix this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Most custom roms already offer tethering built in. Also they may already have a modified framework-res.apk(which these files replace) and may cause issues. So to answer your question I recommend only using this hack on stock.

Ziken
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda70383 View Post
I have an att i337 stock mf3, rooted using towel and su access. unlocked sim using tmo sim, which file should i download? also im on 4.2.2.. or if i update to atleast 4.3 with the newer modem will that fix this problem?
I'm surprised that you are one of the few that still has att i337 mf3 phone. if so, stay on it, root it and disable the update. else, you'll lost pretty much everything unless something else happen. however, the only thing i can recommend is that you follow another guide that can do it or use foxfi and the paid key.

Wanabedev83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Holy crap dude! Super cool! If only I didn't have a faulty motherboard everything would be almost perfect, only thing I I'm missing is wifi calling but whatever. I'm gonna have to live without it cause the tmobile roms just don't work for me. Thanks so much man! Hey you think tmobile detects this? I have 3gb free a month.