Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 44,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera failed error

Tip us?

mmark27
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
well, just found out that all sprint corp tech support sites have been shut down in my area and only third party ones exist

I went to a third party one..and they said they don't deal with the camera errors because they can't open up s5's due to the water resistance and to call samsung

i called samsung and they admitted its a known error, but want me to ship my phone to try to fix it, and be without my phone for at least 2 weeks....

screw that...

ill try to find another third party dealer that may order me one
You should go back to the third party store and tell them to look into the error in the Sprint system, as long as they are an approved Sprint facility. The error is in there, there's a drop down menu that tells them its a no charge replacement. They don't have to open the phone and they're not allowed to open the phones within 90 days of launch anyways. You should try to get to the manager of that store, sounds like you got to someone that didn't want to actually log into the computer.

Do you have any Samsung experience shops in Best Buys near you? They'll do the swap apparently too.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmark27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eyecon82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post
You should go back to the third party store and tell them to look into the error in the Sprint system, as long as they are an approved Sprint facility. The error is in there, there's a drop down menu that tells them its a no charge replacement. They don't have to open the phone and they're not allowed to open the phones within 90 days of launch anyways. You should try to get to the manager of that store, sounds like you got to someone that didn't want to actually log into the computer.

Do you have any Samsung experience shops in Best Buys near you? They'll do the swap apparently too.
ok ill try that...even though he was already on the computer...he seemed to already know about the issue and asked some other guy "hey, we are referring them to samsung, right?"

eyecon82
Old
(Last edited by eyecon82; 3rd June 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
ok ill try that...even though he was already on the computer...he seemed to already know about the issue and asked some other guy "hey, we are referring them to samsung, right?"
awesome man...i just called and spoke with manager who just asked for my phone # and ordered me a replacement without even having to go back in the store!

the line of "Sprint corp tech support said as long as they are an approved sprint facility, the error is in the computer, and there's a drop down menu that tells them its a 'no charge replacement'"

they should call me within a few days to swap it out, now im just hoping it isn't a refurb

EDIT: Just called back to ask if its going to be a refurb or a new one and manager said that they haven't seen a single refurb yet for the s5 replacements
The Following User Says Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XjJeepers
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Ive had the same issue....im on #4 same camera failed in all...they want to charge me to swap it out this time....

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Eris _2.1_2010
Old
Thanks Meter 335
I didn't know this was an issue. I've gotten the camera failed message a few times. The signal on this S5 is horrible compared to how my S4 was before it was killed. Always dropping signal and calls.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away