Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z8 - omate clone $150 ?

Tip us?

Smockingjacket
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No, thats Korean. The others are thai, Chinese traditional and Chinese simple I believe.

PichaLatigo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smockingjacket View Post
No, thats Korean. The others are thai, Chinese traditional and Chinese simple I believe.
And this first one?

parabel81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaLatigo View Post
And this first one?
Thats hebrew

PichaLatigo
Old
(Last edited by PichaLatigo; 7th July 2014 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabel81 View Post
Thats hebrew
Owatchon Works in my Z8 and doesn't work in my Omate

PichaLatigo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The weight of my Z8 is 68gr and the weight of my Aluminium Omate is 77gr.
The omate looks better quality and more stilysh. I started testing the Omate today. I will compare both.
Omate has a newer interface software but only thing found better is the clocks/watches.
Most irritating thing of cheap z8 is the battery. Yesterday it switched off in 76%. You never know how much battery you have and Im'm not able to calibrate it.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The weight of my Z8 is 68gr and the weight of my Aluminium Omate is 77gr.
The omate looks better quality and more stilysh. I started testing the Omate today. I will compare both.
Omate has a newer interface software but only thing found better is the clocks/watches.
Most irritating thing of cheap z8 is the battery. Yesterday it switched off in 76%. You never know how much battery you have and Im'm not able to calibrate it.
Battery aside, copy OUI2 from the TS and install it on the Z8. You end up with an OwatchON working device with OUI2 for less than the cost of a TS.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mdbrock7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So this watch will work on AT&T and Tmobile networks in the U.S., correct? How good is the gps when used with apps like endomondo or runkeeper?

PichaLatigo
Old
(Last edited by PichaLatigo; 11th July 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbrock7 View Post
So this watch will work on AT&T and Tmobile networks in the U.S., correct? How good is the gps when used with apps like endomondo or runkeeper?
I think Z8 and Omate must be used with a microSIM as standalone. For companion there are better options. Having microSim AGPS activated it takes less than 30 seconds to fix GPS.
This week I'm using the Omate I have had more problems with the Bluetooth than the Z8.
Omate is nicer and elegant watch (Z8 is plastic and mine is red) but as speed skater I carry hands on the back/tailbone and yesterday, while skating with Omate/Jabra combo I was losing Bluetooth connection with my Jabra sport headset (must say Jabra Sport doesn't have a strong Bluetooth).
With Z8 I just made one training but I don't remember this problems.
I will check again next week.
The screen as well, I think Z8's screen has better response (maybe because Omates curved display sometimes doesn't answer so well).

I have to try the launcher of my Omate in the Z8. Thanks Loki.

pizzaman79
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I think Z8 and Omate must be used with a microSIM as standalone. For companion there are better options. Having microSim AGPS activated it takes less than 30 seconds to fix GPS.
This week I'm using the Omate I have had more problems with the Bluetooth than the Z8.
Omate is nicer and elegant watch (Z8 is plastic and mine is red) but as speed skater I carry hands on the back/tailbone and yesterday, while skating with Omate/Jabra combo I was losing Bluetooth connection with my Jabra sport headset (must say Jabra Sport doesn't have a strong Bluetooth).
With Z8 I just made one training but I don't remember this problems.
I will check again next week.
The screen as well, I think Z8's screen has better response (maybe because Omates curved display sometimes doesn't answer so well).

I have to try the launcher of my Omate in the Z8. Thanks Loki.
I even have the occasional bluetooth hickup when running with the watch on my left hand and the receiver of my König bluetooth headset behind my right ear. The headset can otherwise connect to a laptop at 10 metres through a wall. I'm guessing the bluetooth transmitter in the TrueSmart isn't very strong and a human body blocks it very effectively.