Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [Splitfus2] [Cygwin] How To install Cygwin/Splitfus2 To Split Stock Firmware

Tip us?

jaiswalnilesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Query Regarding Galaxy y duos (S6102)

I have downloaded recent Stock rom DDMF4 package and splitted it succesfully. Thankyou.
My query is
1) I already had installed it via kies so can i reflashed it with odin to test the success of split
2) I already made a backup of current ROM so if anything goes wrong, will recovering it via CWM recovery recover it to original state
3) Please Help me
Thanks in Advance

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiswalnilesh View Post
I have downloaded recent Stock rom DDMF4 package and splitted it succesfully. Thankyou.
My query is
1) I already had installed it via kies so can i reflashed it with odin to test the success of split
2) I already made a backup of current ROM so if anything goes wrong, will recovering it via CWM recovery recover it to original state
3) Please Help me
Thanks in Advance
yes you can flash it via odin - if you did a wipe pack -w it should format everything so you will know it worked and the phone should boot to the welcome screen
also if you are currently using a custom kernel after flashing via odin you should be back to stock kernel

yes you can restore your nandroid backup if you restore the backup using the recovery/kernel to which it was made on and you are on the same system partition rfs or ext to which the backup was made on

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

jaiswalnilesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
yes you can flash it via odin - if you did a wipe pack -w it should format everything so you will know it worked and the phone should boot to the welcome screen
also if you are currently using a custom kernel after flashing via odin you should be back to stock kernel

yes you can restore your nandroid backup if you restore the backup using the recovery/kernel to which it was made on and you are on the same system partition rfs or ext to which the backup was made on
Thanks for Quick Reply
I just want to know. is there any switch (-w, -s or whatever) so that if i upgrade it via odin, the userdata (contacts, messages, if possible installed apps)doesnt get wiped off

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiswalnilesh View Post
Thanks for Quick Reply
I just want to know. is there any switch (-w, -s or whatever) so that if i upgrade it via odin, the userdata (contacts, messages, if possible installed apps)doesnt get wiped off
you can not put any switches at all and it wont wipe user data but you are then leaving yourself open to a bootloop if you dont format data (-w creates a wipe pack that wipes user data)

best to backup data
for sms and contacts use
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...contacts&hl=en

for user apps use titanium backup - just dont restore system apps

Black-Moon
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Very usefull guide...

Niek_66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cygheap read copy failed

I have followed this guide but after executing the command ./splitfus2.exe -w S5830XXXX I am getting an error:

Cygheap read copy failed.

Trying to install a stock rom on my Galaxy S5830i but tried everything. Nothing seems to work

Last attempt, otherwise it is goodbye smartphone!

A single file installation with Odin seems to be not possible so that's why I want to split the file.

Any help would be really appreciated!

marcussmith2626
Old
(Last edited by marcussmith2626; 12th July 2014 at 08:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niek_66 View Post
I have followed this guide but after executing the command ./splitfus2.exe -w S5830XXXX I am getting an error:

Cygheap read copy failed.

Trying to install a stock rom on my Galaxy S5830i but tried everything. Nothing seems to work

Last attempt, otherwise it is goodbye smartphone!

A single file installation with Odin seems to be not possible so that's why I want to split the file.

Any help would be really appreciated!
never had that error before - all I can say is make sure you are using the version of cygwin iv posted on the first thread and you are using the 32bit version that I have posted and not the 64bit version and have installed it as per the video instructions and have put the _base folder and the exe file in the splitfus folder
You might also want to try turning off your antivirus - I know that avg likes to block cygwin unless you add it to the exceptions list

I have tested splitting 5830i firmware and got no error - So I will put this error down to user error

I have uploaded stock european 5830i firmware for you
S5830i_XXMJ2_OXEMC2_XXMJ1_wipe_by_SplitFUS2

Tags
cygwin, splitfus2, stock firmware