Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LiteRom KK [4.4.2][NE4]

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
2 requirements for the dialer codes to work:

Stock Samsung dialer
Several system apps which are used when running the codes. An example would be keychain.apk and SecFactoryPhoneTest.apk. there are more than these two though.

These are often removed from debloated roms meaning some if the codes will not work.

Not sure if they are removed from this rom, but if the codes aren't working, I'd suspect at least some are.

fr3d0x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by stew1411 View Post
How do I get to debug screen? *#197328640# doesn't work. To test, *#06# doesn't work either. No codes do. What's up with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
2 requirements for the dialer codes to work:

Stock Samsung dialer
Several system apps which are used when running the codes. An example would be keychain.apk and SecFactoryPhoneTest.apk. there are more than these two though.

These are often removed from debloated roms meaning some if the codes will not work.

Not sure if they are removed from this rom, but if the codes aren't working, I'd suspect at least some are.
codes never work for me in any rom, and i dont removed those apps..

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
That's weird. Dialer codes have always worked for me. Use em pretty regularly. Not sure why they wouldnt for you guys...maybe an AT&T thing??

Either way, I wasn't trying to speak negatively about the rom. If it came off that way I do apologize. I was just guessing based on my previous experiences with plenty of other roms.

TylerMarshall256
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm only gettin 4G. before I updated to this rom I was getting 4G LTE but I was having problems with that rom. What is going on here? I like this rom I'm on NEF and I never messed with modems or anything like that. It's still very fast but I like that LTE icon.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
Check in Settings, About Device, Status, Network Type.
This will tell you your actual connection type. The icon in the status bar isnt always completely accurate.