No registration required

Stock KitKat dialer on Sense 6?

OP synt3k

29th May 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 38

154 posts
I've been on the GPE firmware for awhile and I'm in love with the dialer. I really want to try out the new Sense 6 ROMs, but I don't know if I can live without the amazing new dialer with Google Caller ID..

Are there any ROMs or mods to use the stock dialer with Sense 6? Just replacing or installing some apks would be great.. A flashable zip would kick ass. Has anyone tried this before or know if it's possible? Thanks..
29th May 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dolinka
Thanks Meter: 399

2,363 posts
Donate to Me
More
It is possible. Grab the Phone.apk from a GPE ROM, and put in the Sense ROM. You have to set permissions (I couldn't find any .zip), but rw- rw- r should be OK - after that Reboot is required. Default location of Phone.apk is in /system/priv-app.
Also, don't remove the Sense phone.apk - it'll cause issues even if you have the stock KitKat Phone.apk - this way, you will have 2 dialers (but you can always hide the one you don't need in the launcher).
29th May 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 38

154 posts
Has anyone tried this successfully? Does the Google Caller ID work correctly for incoming and outgoing calls that are not in your address book? I read somewhere that someone was having issues where the call log was empty or something.. If need be, I could post the apk if anyone wants to test it out..
12th July 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 55

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synt3k

Has anyone tried this successfully? Does the Google Caller ID work correctly for incoming and outgoing calls that are not in your address book? I read somewhere that someone was having issues where the call log was empty or something.. If need be, I could post the apk if anyone wants to test it out..

Post the apk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread