Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock KitKat dialer on Sense 6?

Tip us?

synt3k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Stock KitKat dialer on Sense 6?

I've been on the GPE firmware for awhile and I'm in love with the dialer. I really want to try out the new Sense 6 ROMs, but I don't know if I can live without the amazing new dialer with Google Caller ID..

Are there any ROMs or mods to use the stock dialer with Sense 6? Just replacing or installing some apks would be great.. A flashable zip would kick ass. Has anyone tried this before or know if it's possible? Thanks..

davebugyi
Old
Thanks Meter 394

DONATE TO ME
It is possible. Grab the Phone.apk from a GPE ROM, and put in the Sense ROM. You have to set permissions (I couldn't find any .zip), but rw- rw- r should be OK - after that Reboot is required. Default location of Phone.apk is in /system/priv-app.
Also, don't remove the Sense phone.apk - it'll cause issues even if you have the stock KitKat Phone.apk - this way, you will have 2 dialers (but you can always hide the one you don't need in the launcher).
HTC One (M7) Root | S-OFF | InsertCoin | Kangaroo kernel

My Music - http://soundcloud.com/davebugyi
My Photos - http://500px.com/davebugyi

synt3k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Has anyone tried this successfully? Does the Google Caller ID work correctly for incoming and outgoing calls that are not in your address book? I read somewhere that someone was having issues where the call log was empty or something.. If need be, I could post the apk if anyone wants to test it out..

rahulsethi
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by synt3k View Post
Has anyone tried this successfully? Does the Google Caller ID work correctly for incoming and outgoing calls that are not in your address book? I read somewhere that someone was having issues where the call log was empty or something.. If need be, I could post the apk if anyone wants to test it out..
Post the apk