Originally Posted by blckDTshadow
my Nexus 7 turned off a while ago, I tried to load it overnight and also a reset via power / volume. Nothing worked so far. If connected to a Ubuntu computer, it does not show up in the adb devices list, but under "lsusb" as nvidia device (which makes sense, concidering the Tegra-processor). If connected to a Windows pc it tries to install a ADX driver. No idea what that means though, a google search did not bring up a thing, which is why I posted here.
Does anybody has an idea, what that driver is or if there is a possibility to bring the Nexus 7 back to life? Asus will not exchange the device since the one year warranty is over, and the second year is ignored somehow (I'm located in Germany).
Thanks for your help,
First try following the instructions in the site located in the document below
If that doesn't work, try this. I have done it 2 times already and it worked twice
Here's what to do:
- Downloaded the file N7_restore.zip file before, now the link doesn't work so i'll upload it somewhere soon and give the link.
- Then extract the zip file you just downloaded and in that folder there is another zip called image-nakasi-jrn84d
- Extract that zip and Copy all the files in the newly extracted folder to the N7_restore folder
- in the N7_restore folder open a cmd by pressing shift and right clicking together and then clicking open command window here
- Then type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img"
Do not go to the next step until it says the flashing is successful or it will be a waste of time.
- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash userdata userdata.img"
- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash system system.img"
If you want to Lock the bootloader
- type/copy without the quotes "fastboot oem lock"
That's it. It worked for me twice and should work for you
P:S: i am still looking for the link of the recovery so i don't have to upload it but if i don't find it i'll try to upload it by tomorrow.
This instruction works with windows 7/8/8.1. Should work with xp/vista and mac.