No registration required

Nexus 7 2012 - bricked, only show up with ADX

OP blckDTshadow

11th May 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
Hey,
my Nexus 7 turned off a while ago, I tried to load it overnight and also a reset via power / volume. Nothing worked so far. If connected to a Ubuntu computer, it does not show up in the adb devices list, but under "lsusb" as nvidia device (which makes sense, concidering the Tegra-processor). If connected to a Windows pc it tries to install a ADX driver. No idea what that means though, a google search did not bring up a thing, which is why I posted here.

Does anybody has an idea, what that driver is or if there is a possibility to bring the Nexus 7 back to life? Asus will not exchange the device since the one year warranty is over, and the second year is ignored somehow (I'm located in Germany).

Thanks for your help,
blckDTshadow
11th May 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckDTshadow

Hey,
my Nexus 7 turned off a while ago, I tried to load it overnight and also a reset via power / volume. Nothing worked so far. If connected to a Ubuntu computer, it does not show up in the adb devices list, but under "lsusb" as nvidia device (which makes sense, concidering the Tegra-processor). If connected to a Windows pc it tries to install a ADX driver. No idea what that means though, a google search did not bring up a thing, which is why I posted here.

Does anybody has an idea, what that driver is or if there is a possibility to bring the Nexus 7 back to life? Asus will not exchange the device since the one year warranty is over, and the second year is ignored somehow (I'm located in Germany).

Thanks for your help,
blckDTshadow

There is tons of stuff regarding 7s in ADX, much of it complicated. Do a search here on that topic. I do know that there is a first step that rew I ores you to have made a device-specific backup of certain files beforehand. There are a couple of easier fixes that involved a degree of luck.
31st May 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Try This
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckDTshadow

Hey,

Thanks for your help,
blckDTshadow

First try following the instructions in the site located in the document below

If that doesn't work, try this. I have done it 2 times already and it worked twice
Here's what to do:

- Downloaded the file N7_restore.zip file before, now the link doesn't work so i'll upload it somewhere soon and give the link.

- Then extract the zip file you just downloaded and in that folder there is another zip called image-nakasi-jrn84d

- Extract that zip and Copy all the files in the newly extracted folder to the N7_restore folder

- in the N7_restore folder open a cmd by pressing shift and right clicking together and then clicking open command window here

- Then type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img"

Do not go to the next step until it says the flashing is successful or it will be a waste of time.

- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash userdata userdata.img"

- Next type/copy without the quotes "fastboot flash system system.img"

If you want to Lock the bootloader

- type/copy without the quotes "fastboot oem lock"
That's it. It worked for me twice and should work for you

P:S: i am still looking for the link of the recovery so i don't have to upload it but if i don't find it i'll try to upload it by tomorrow.

This instruction works with windows 7/8/8.1. Should work with xp/vista and mac.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Link.txt - [Click for QR Code] (128 Bytes, 53 views)
12th July 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
Hey John,

that might be a bit late, however thanks for your answer. I manged to get a refurbished device by Google. Was actually really surprised about it - did not really expect this

Have a nice weekend,
blckDTshadow
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adx, boot, bricked, nexus 7 (2012)
Previous Thread Next Thread