Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [grouper]

Tip us?

USBhost
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius View Post
I set Sweep2Wake to OFF and DoubleTap2Wake to 0, but it is STILL waking up with a double tap at the top of the screen. It doesn't do it always, but it does sometimes. A bit confusing, like it's a glitch ignoring the setting sometimes. For example, I just picked it up and double tapped the top of the screen, and it turned on. Then when I tried to do it again, it didn't. I might try switching kernels if it keeps doing this.
I'm using the M-kernel and
This ROM
That never happens to me.

Try To set it at boot
Try a reboot
Try to refresh the kernel
Current Phone:Current Tablet:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am diagnosed with ORD (Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder)
Help us port Linux kernel 3.4.35 to our Grouper

lotherius
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost View Post
I'm using the M-kernel and
This ROM
That never happens to me.

Try To set it at boot
Try a reboot
Try to refresh the kernel
Seems to be that the setting is not sticking across reboots for me. I rebooted, went back into trickster and both were enabled again. Using the ROM that you packaged, so not sure why it is acting differently. I have tricked every box I could find in trickster to save the setting. I guess I'll try to find a kernel without this "feature" this weekend.

Sent from one of my Nexuses. Nexii?

QuizUp

Device Details:

PHONE: Nexus 5 - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 1: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / F2FS
PREVIOUS PHONES: Nexus 4 / LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - Core i5 4670, 8GB DDR3, 240gb M500 SSD, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus

USBhost
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Seems to be that the setting is not sticking across reboots for me. I rebooted, went back into trickster and both were enabled again. Using the ROM that you packaged, so not sure why it is acting differently. I have tricked every box I could find in trickster to save the setting. I guess I'll try to find a kernel without this "feature" this weekend.

In recovery
Fix permissions

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote:

trickster mod takes
about 20s to boot up
Give it time to set the settings
Current Phone:Current Tablet:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am diagnosed with ORD (Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder)
Help us port Linux kernel 3.4.35 to our Grouper
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lotherius
Old
(Last edited by lotherius; 23rd May 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Did a clean install of Carbon, and this time I keep getting spammed with "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" as soon as the device boots on first boot. I have wiped six ways to sunday, and it still does this. Any clue anybody?

EDIT (SOLVED): Appears to have been the fact that the F2FS kernel I was using wasn't patched for CM kernel fsckup. Still not sure why the CM guys decided to break kernel compatibility and Carbon is following in lockstep.

QuizUp

Device Details:

PHONE: Nexus 5 - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 1: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / F2FS
PREVIOUS PHONES: Nexus 4 / LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - Core i5 4670, 8GB DDR3, 240gb M500 SSD, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus
The Following User Says Thank You to lotherius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryanw5489
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Haven't been here in a while and really need to update. I went to check for some and it only shows nightly releases are they any updates stable or isn't there going to be anymore. Can anyone help out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanw5489 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dareino
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw5489 View Post
Haven't been here in a while and really need to update. I went to check for some and it only shows nightly releases are they any updates stable or isn't there going to be anymore. Can anyone help out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
the nightlies are stable as I am running it....(/07/06)
also CarbonRom just adopted a new build schedule and will only post new builds twice a week. Thurs nites build failed for all....

lots out there to read on google+ or just google search

d
N7 Grouper 32gb MultiRom: 4.4 ~ALL-F2FS | CarbonRom | LiquidSmooth | PA | M-Kernel