Spark : Desktop mirroring and web casting apps

Search This thread

SteveSpark

May 28, 2014
I am unable to find my FireTV. Is it likely because my laptop is wireless and my FTV is wired? If so, would sideloading the APK allow it to connect across the wireless/wired networks?

Thanks!

You can side load the app manually. Here is how to do it.

Visit www.sparkup.tv/manual-apk-install

Let me know how it goes :) If you are using Windows, don't forget to disable any Anti virus or firewall that may block TCP port 8990.

hiramani

Feb 17, 2011
Not working

I disabled firewall and antivirus. Still not working!
I also try to sideload the apk on FTV. When I launch application, nothing happens

Strakon

Dec 26, 2009
Conflict with Google Hangouts

Hi,

The other day I had an issue running my webcam with Google Hangouts. After testing each extension I had, Spark was the one that had a conflict with Google Hangouts.

So currently I disable Spark and only enable when needed.

Other than that there are some embedded videos that have ads, so beaming them to the FireTV only shows the ad and then nothing else shows up..

But really love the app, I hope to see updates :)

Bye!
Felipe

SteveSpark

May 28, 2014
Hi,

The other day I had an issue running my webcam with Google Hangouts. After testing each extension I had, Spark was the one that had a conflict with Google Hangouts.

So currently I disable Spark and only enable when needed.

Other than that there are some embedded videos that have ads, so beaming them to the FireTV only shows the ad and then nothing else shows up..

But really love the app, I hope to see updates :)

Bye!
Felipe

Hey Felipe,

Thanks for the info and the feedback. Let us take a look. Google Hangout conflict is strange. Was the webcam video not showing when Spark was enabled?

Steve

Strakon

Dec 26, 2009
That's right, the video would come up for a second and would go black. The actual camera light would switch on and go off.

I tested the issue on 2 other computers and the same thing happened. As soon as a disabled the Spark Extension, the video would start working again.

Hey Felipe,

Thanks for the info and the feedback. Let us take a look. Google Hangout conflict is strange. Was the webcam video not showing when Spark was enabled?

Steve

SteveSpark

May 28, 2014
That's right, the video would come up for a second and would go black. The actual camera light would switch on and go off.

I tested the issue on 2 other computers and the same thing happened. As soon as a disabled the Spark Extension, the video would start working again.

Got it. Can you tell me what webcam is it? Its possible the webcam is using the same port for communication as Spark extension.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Download of notebook mirroring app was marked as malicious and blocked by Chrome.

Attachments

• spark-bad.png
    spark-bad.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 175

vi6s

Jul 16, 2012
Hello,

I have tried both the Chrome extension and the program. For the Chrome extension, it founds my FireTV. I was able to fling my tab to the FireTV, but some media sites won't work correctly. For example, for youtube, when you open a video, it will says that video can't be play in FireTV. To get around this, start the youtube video on your computer, then fling the tab to FireTV and it will work. I don't know why but that is how I make it work. It works fine for a few hours then it crashed and I have not been able to fling my Chrome tab anymore.

For the Window program, it found my FireTV and I was able to connect using my IP address. However, when i click the "Mirror" button, the app seems to launch and a black screen show up. If I play a video file, or go online to a website that has videos, sound will play through the FireTV but no picture show up, still only a black screen. I have tried this both on my desktop and my laptop. Both running window 7 64 bit up to date and got the exact same result.

Just a question, since your program does not work for my computers. What exactly does it suppose to do? Does it mirror the entire screen just like a 2nd monitor? I will be happy to provide any help or troubleshoot crash log. The app is very promising but needs a lot of work and tweak. Good job.

calvano915

Jan 6, 2009
Great casting app. The desktop mirroring doesn't work for me at all, just a blank screen. But the casting feature works great for a few test sites. The addon and desktop app both see my ftv fine (on same wifi network). I've had problems before with dlna/upnp visibility when I have one device wired and another wifi or other configs.

Running Windows 8.1 and latest FW on FTV.

Edit: Just after posting went to test again. Now the addon doesn't see the ftv. Please add IP address support to the addon as well so we don't have to depend on visibility/discovery. A device management option for the addon would be perfect where we can rename our devices and hard code their ip addresses. My reason for renaming is my FTV shows as "suppressed" and I'm assuming others would show up the same, making it difficult to know which is which. Thanks for your work so far though :)

Last edited:

Jboo

Sep 14, 2008
It is good concept but some bugs need to be worked out. Tried 3 websites so far and none of them worked including YouTube. The error I keep receiving on the tv from FTV is "Can't play this video". Also after awhile my chrome asked my to sign in again, which was weird. I'm going to uninstall this application until the bugs get worked out. I didn't really need the app, just thought it would be cool to test it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

We just released the desktop mirroring app and web video casting Chrome browser extension for Fire TV.
    Both Mac and Windows platforms are supported.

Would love to hear back how you liked it.

You can download the Spark apps, FREE for a limited time from sparkup dot tv

Best,

Steve
    Hi.
    Please add the ability to quickly turn off the plugin for Chrome. Use the plugin rare, but because of him Chrome started to slow down a bit.
    Sorry for my English

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is Chrome won't allow us to add a way to do that.
    However, you can easily disable the extension by
    1. Right clicking on the Spark icon
    2. Click 'Manage' in the pop-up
    3. Un-check the box in front of the Spark extension marked "Enabled"

This should disable the Spark extension.

To enable the extension back
    1. Click on the right top corner of Chrome where all menu options are located.
    2. Click Settings
    3. Click Extensions
    4. Check the box in front of Spark extension marked "Enabled"

Hope this helps.