Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Bricked sgh-i337m. Please Help

Tip us?

bzwick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone5 View Post
Without knowing exactly, theres more trial and error ... so ill give you an example: you can't flash 4.2.2 firmware.tar.md5 over a 4.4.2 bootloader (which sounds like you may have )in odin anymore due to knox. What I can suggest to you that should work is go to sammobile.com and download the latest 4.4.2 official firmware for the 1337m and follow the instructions precisely on the download page.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Once you download it and its installed make sure to turn off your phone and boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset and if you really want to be clean flash the firmware again and all your problems should be gone

Ok, I'll give it a go and report findings as follows (decided to try a different computer to eliminate that fact too):

1) sammobile.com --> http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26590 - PDA - I337MVLUFNC1, CSC - I337MOYAFNC1, etc.
2) Downloaded and installed fresh 3.09 from sammobile per instructions.
3) Successfully flashed this firmware, phone returning back to normal as official kernel and official rom, knox warranty tripped still, but that's the way it goes.

SO: Moral of the story - ensure that not just using any kind of virtualization software to try and do flashing, use a proper PC. I hope somehow this finds its way to some other schlub that messes this up.

ROGERS is sending me a new phone anyway other problems involving sound and I was within 15 day return. Lucky me I guess...

I guess the next time around I'll need a closer look at avoiding knox tripping...

ocastelblanco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone5 View Post

[/COLOR]Once you download it and its installed make sure to turn off your phone and boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset and if you really want to be clean flash the firmware again and all your problems should be gone

Thank you!! It works for me. It's very important to do a clean flash.

iodine.red
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having a crazy issue I can't seem to fix with my i337. I am trying to revert back to stock and I ran odin I get a pass notification but when I reboot my phone prompts that I have unauthorized software on my phone an to contact AT&T. I can't seem to make this work and I can't boot into recovery. Any ideas on what may help. Feeling pretty lost at this point.