Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firewater S-OFF on Sprint HTC One w\hboot 1.56 works

Tip us?

jacklariss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
I can confirm that firewater s-off works perfectly on the later kitkat software for the sprint htc one with hboot 1.56.

I prefered to use a rom with insecure kernel and root, infact I used the ViperOne 3.5 rom, and it worked perfectly on the first try. Its fantastic, that you dont need windows necessarily for this method!

hey man think you can help me with my htc one m7? the touhscreen is not detected, well in the cwm the touch works only in half screen, is sprint version and have hboot 1.56 with viper rom also cant make the s off i have been tried with rumruner, firewater, revone .... please help me! 
how you got the s off?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2698503  

MrDowntown12
Old
(Last edited by MrDowntown12; 24th April 2014 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 175
whoops.
Sprint HTC One

ticklemepinks
Old
Thanks Meter 434
there might be help in the other s off thread
ticklemepinks nuff said sweetie!

matinm90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklariss View Post
hey man think you can help me with my htc one m7? the touhscreen is not detected, well in the cwm the touch works only in half screen, is sprint version and have hboot 1.56 with viper rom also cant make the s off i have been tried with rumruner, firewater, revone .... please help me! 
how you got the s off?
Are you running the steps exactly as described on website? specifically the step for reboot. And the chmod step is important too. What error are you getting?

Sun1914
Old
Thanks Meter 6
tried this running ViperOne 5.0.0
and though I can get through all prompts I get no action or screen to accept. I don't think it is requesting su permission.
if some one can post link to a verfied rom used it would be greatly appreciated.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun1914 View Post
tried this running ViperOne 5.0.0
and though I can get through all prompts I get no action or screen to accept. I don't think it is requesting su permission.
if some one can post link to a verfied rom used it would be greatly appreciated.
I used InsertCoin and it worked perfectly, following these instructions. Link to the ROM in my signature. Make sure during the AROMA install, select Sprint as carrier to avoid bricking your device though. I was on HBOOT 1.55 though (and still am). :/

Sun1914
Old
(Last edited by Sun1914; 10th July 2014 at 04:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
I used InsertCoin and it worked perfectly, following these instructions. Link to the ROM in my signature. Make sure during the AROMA install, select Sprint as carrier to avoid bricking your device though. I was on HBOOT 1.55 though (and still am). :/
I'm on 1.56 think that's the/an issue?
I tried InsertCoin and same thing; I get through all commands but never a prompt of terms and conditions.

any help would be appreciated

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun1914 View Post
I'm on 1.56 think that's the/an issue?
I tried InsertCoin and same thing; I get through all commands but never a prompt of terms and conditions.

any help would be appreciated
Idk then.. you can try downgrading hboot, but idk how, and I'm pretty sure you have to have S-OFF to downgrade your hboot as well. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Sun1914
Old
(Last edited by Sun1914; 13th July 2014 at 05:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
The thread reads working for 1.56 but i haven't had any luck. Hope some one can chime in here and give me some clues as to what I can try to get firewater to run.

UPDATE!!!!

Not sure what happened but I simply did all the steps again (using stock rom) and it worked. I am now S-OFF....again