Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emergency calls only - no sim card

Tip us?

tbc34
Old
(Last edited by tbc34; 25th May 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Emergency calls only - no sim card

After a month's use, my HTC didn't read the sim. I noticed that when the phone was face up it would detect the sim. When face down, the sim wasn't being detected. So i did the tape trick and it worked. Then i installed the GPE RUU and DIDN'T BACKUP. Then it suddenly wouldn't detect the sim. Sometimes it would and it would last for an hour or two. Then it wouldn't. I have the middle east version HTC__J15 but changed the CID to 11111111. I tried flashing radios to no avail. I don't think it's a hardware issue because it works for a while then the moment i unlock the screen it suddenly disconnects. What seems to be the problem? Please help.

Also, does anyone know what radio is should use for HTC__J15? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

mashk
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc34 View Post
After a month's use, my HTC didn't read the sim. I noticed that when the phone was face up it would detect the sim. When face down, the sim wasn't being detected. So i did the tape trick and it worked. Then i installed the GPE RUU and DIDN'T BACKUP. Then it suddenly wouldn't detect the sim. Sometimes it would and it would last for an hour or two. Then it wouldn't. I have the middle east version HTC__J15 but changed the CID to 11111111. I tried flashing radios to no avail. I don't think it's a hardware issue because it works for a while then the moment i unlock the screen it suddenly disconnects. What seems to be the problem? Please help.

Also, does anyone know what radio is should use for HTC__J15? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
Had a similar problem 2 hours ago! I trimmed the edges of the nano-sim. No problem since then

tbc34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After i go into recovery and wipe cache/dalvik and reboot, i get phone service but it goes off after ten minutes. Tried safe mode, same thing. Deleted all apps, same thing. Uninstalled updates, same thing. Don't think it's a hardware issue. HELP!

pokedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashk View Post
Had a similar problem 2 hours ago! I trimmed the edges of the nano-sim. No problem since then
I'm having a similar issue as the op. when you say trimmed down how far did you go? Did you file it or cut it. All sides or just one?

mashk
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedroid View Post
I'm having a similar issue as the op. when you say trimmed down how far did you go? Did you file it or cut it. All sides or just one?
All sides yes. HTC also sent me a new tray. Have u flashed a custom ROM?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pokedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashk View Post
All sides yes. HTC also sent me a new tray. Have u flashed a custom ROM?

I guess i'll have to try cutting it down a bit. Sadly i don't think a new tray would work for me. I work at an AT&T store and tried one from our demo phone and another from a coworker's phone. My tray and sim work in their phones but neither of theirs will work in mine, so I think it's an internal problem. Yes I have flashed a custom ROM I had been on a GPe rom for several weeks when it started happening. Since then I have flashed an AT&T RUU to put it back to stock and it's still not registering. I know how to remove the "tampered" notice and lock the bootloader, but I'm worried that HTC will not repair my phone because it's S-OFF. I don't know what to do at this point.

mashk
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedroid View Post
I guess i'll have to try cutting it down a bit. Sadly i don't think a new tray would work for me. I work at an AT&T store and tried one from our demo phone and another from a coworker's phone. My tray and sim work in their phones but neither of theirs will work in mine, so I think it's an internal problem. Yes I have flashed a custom ROM I had been on a GPe rom for several weeks when it started happening. Since then I have flashed an AT&T RUU to put it back to stock and it's still not registering. I know how to remove the "tampered" notice and lock the bootloader, but I'm worried that HTC will not repair my phone because it's S-OFF. I don't know what to do at this point.
I think there's a way to return to S-ON. I think it's more of a ROM issue I guess. Try flash a different ROM like ViperOne. Should work.

pokedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I'll give it a shot but I'm not hopeful that a new ROM will help. I was on a custom gpe ROM when it started and now I'm on stock and it's still doing it. I really hope it works though I would love to get my m8 back. Now that I think about it the gpe ROM I was on was heavily modified. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for your help BTW.