Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this an error of emmc chip?

Tip us?

thanhbom83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is this an error of emmc chip?

Hi, everyone
I got promblem with my HTC DHD, it appeared the notice to "force close" many app all time so I cant do anything on my phone. I tried to re-up rom by sd card, everything was in normal process during flashing rom until i reboot the system after finishing flashing, it was stuck on logo screen althought i take time to wait, it was still stuck. I dont know how to shut it down or restart so i took the battery out for a while and put it back then power on again. The strange thing is it didnt show the rom i've just flashed, it worked with everything same like before flashing rom (require pass to unlock device, home screen, apps... Speicially is the error "force close" still same) . I wiped data, cache and everything before flashing. I tried to restart many times but same problem, sometimes stuck on logo screen, sometimes boot to old rom.
Then I decided to up the ship rom by laptop, after running RUU...exe file, it aks me to update the rom version for device without other option. I click update and wait, It appear the error (#171) and ask me to check the cable connection but 100% nothing wrong with the cable or connection. I tried to redo this several times as well but still same. My friend said the emmc chip is damaged and need to replace.
Could anyone help me? I still can go to recovery, hboot/fastboot screen. If emmc chip damaged, i think we still can fix it by software because it not dead.

high_voltage
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhbom83 View Post
Hi, everyone
I got promblem with my HTC DHD, it appeared the notice to "force close" many app all time so I cant do anything on my phone. I tried to re-up rom by sd card, everything was in normal process during flashing rom until i reboot the system after finishing flashing, it was stuck on logo screen althought i take time to wait, it was still stuck. I dont know how to shut it down or restart so i took the battery out for a while and put it back then power on again. The strange thing is it didnt show the rom i've just flashed, it worked with everything same like before flashing rom (require pass to unlock device, home screen, apps... Speicially is the error "force close" still same) . I wiped data, cache and everything before flashing. I tried to restart many times but same problem, sometimes stuck on logo screen, sometimes boot to old rom.
Then I decided to up the ship rom by laptop, after running RUU...exe file, it aks me to update the rom version for device without other option. I click update and wait, It appear the error (#171) and ask me to check the cable connection but 100% nothing wrong with the cable or connection. I tried to redo this several times as well but still same. My friend said the emmc chip is damaged and need to replace.
Could anyone help me? I still can go to recovery, hboot/fastboot screen. If emmc chip damaged, i think we still can fix it by software because it not dead.
Same problem here with one desire hd. Force closing many apps and wipe/flashing new rom doesn't help at all. Guess it's the emmc chip, indeed.
HTC one M8