Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Volume button

Tip us?

epicfailguy2
Old
Thanks Meter 53
OCD troubleshooting :

- Is it loose ? Yes ==> Does it Rattle ? Yes ==> Exchange No ==> Keep it (not worth the risk of getting unflush screen or dead pixels if everything else is perfect)
The Following User Says Thank You to epicfailguy2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,720

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailguy2 View Post
OCD troubleshooting :

- Is it loose ? Yes ==> Does it Rattle ? Yes ==> Exchange No ==> Keep it (not worth the risk of getting unflush screen or dead pixels if everything else is perfect)
Haha here was my thinking..
Is it loose? Yes.. Does it rattle when I touch the upper right side of the screen like my n5? No.. Is it worth exchanging and risk getting one that has more issues than just a little loose volume rocker? Hell no..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

abu_munzir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
When I press VD it gets stuck. Makes it difficult to take screenshots, control the volume and enter recovery. Quite infuriating.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marius613
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default explanation

i got my brand new m8 a week from today, everything perfect, checked the phone for any imperfections when i unboxed it and i seemed well.
the next day i went out, kept it in my pocket and took out the free silicon case that it came with and noticed this strange MYSTERIOUS loose volume rocker that everyone is dealing with.
googled the issue and found this thread, and after thinking this is not such a big deal i decided to ignored it.
yesterday i noticed it's not as loose as was before and i took a closer look at the thin frame around the volume button and i have to mention that mine was rock solid when i took the phone out of the box.
the thin frame around the volume button was just a little, barely noticeable, curved and this, suddenly explained everything.
the m8 is quite a big phone, very tall, almost hanging out of the pocket. I also ride a motorbike and when i have it in my pocket i feel it kinda squeezed. Some of you said this issue is a quality check fail of the manufacturer but this phone being made out of aluminium which is easily maleable, has it's flaws.
I just used a thin cleaning cloth to cover it and not scratch it and used a thin and hard object, such as a pen made of metal or something and while keeping it sideways to press down on the frame and straighten it up a bit and voila, ISSUE SOLVED.
hope this helped other guys like me before swapping them out for new ones which afterwards this would still come back.
sorry for my spelling, i'm not native english and maybe could've done better but i have to go to bed now. CHEERS

moxy93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ciao

What object did you use to lock the volume button?

tpal12
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have the same issue. Loose a bit but it's ok. Here in Greece is difficult to change this one with other so I have to live with this problem