Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root galaxy s4 verizon on kitkat 4.4.2 on based vrufnc5

Tip us?

scumfromohio
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default issues with vroot

I dont think vroot is working but its hard to tell what part of the process isnt working. I followed the directions perfectly. But when i do the vroot part my phone doesn't reboot at all, I figured it said 2 more or less so i just went ahead with it. But then i get some issue with it not being able to disable knox. Tried again and it just seems to freeze up at the vroot part again. I have my phone on debugging. I plug it in allow debugging, and press root. it starts. I get the request to install the app which i allow, and nothing happens. I also installed the drivers. Just flash the nc5 tar file. not sure what is wrong.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumfromohio View Post
I dont think vroot is working but its hard to tell what part of the process isnt working. I followed the directions perfectly. But when i do the vroot part my phone doesn't reboot at all, I figured it said 2 more or less so i just went ahead with it. But then i get some issue with it not being able to disable knox. Tried again and it just seems to freeze up at the vroot part again. I have my phone on debugging. I plug it in allow debugging, and press root. it starts. I get the request to install the app which i allow, and nothing happens. I also installed the drivers. Just flash the nc5 tar file. not sure what is wrong.
Don't use vroot it installs chineseSU. The method this guy posted is unnecessary. Just use towel root
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

hisham2630
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
use towel root v3 only...and you are done.
vroot used only for those have issues with towel root.
The Following User Says Thank You to hisham2630 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
(Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 13th July 2014 at 05:58 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6823
First off, You guys need to understand something, VROOT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN TO BE A SAFE ROOT METHOD. That being said, there are proven methods out, by trusted sources, to root. Chainfire and geohot have both released methods to root, pick the one for your device and enjoy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]