Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung 64gb MicroSDXC External Card issues

Tip us?

ssj4maiko
Old
(Last edited by ssj4maiko; 10th July 2014 at 05:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmanpb View Post
if you're talking about SD card permissions, that is something all KitKat devices have in common, and has nothing to do with "TouchWiz bull****"
No, I'm not talking about SD Card permissions (and I know they are google's fault).

I'm talking about simply opening you tablet via Windows Explorer, right clicking (if your mouse has right handed options), then hovering your mouse onte the "New" option, and then selecting the "Folder" option in the new submenu. Then you type a name for the new folder and press enter, and the window stops responding for a long time, if I force close it, the folder was created under the name "New Folder", if I wait ages until it finishes, then it does what it should do. Oh, and it happens both on creating under SD Card or internal memory, doesn't matter.

Meanwhile, on my Xperia Z1, and on my previous Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer Infinity and Motorola Xoom, it was always fast, a little slower than creating on a pendrive, I understand how Android's MTP works, but it's so damn slow on this Galaxy that I'm pretty sure it's is "touchwiz bull****"

File transfering is also quite slower when I compare my Xperia and Galaxy 10.1, considering both have the same speed on SD Card (though the brands are different, Galaxy having a Sandisk, and Xperia having a PNY), I transfer a lot of videos (That's why I needed 64GB, like all my previous tablets), so I'm used to waiting, but damn hell, it's slow. One day I thought about transferring some of the to the Xperia, and it was so faster that I'm pretty worried, I bought a Note because of the pen, and I'm not sure if the current few custom ROMs have all the support and functionality, but if I got to confirm it, I would change it right now!

But I admit upgrading it to Kitkat made it a little bit faster, so instead of "waiting ages", I should say "waiting years" now.

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 716
FWIW, my Samsung 64GB card (the orange/white one) has been working perfectly. I do format it to FAT32 though, as I back it up under Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUYI View Post
... always stick to direct sellers like Amazon or on the high street so you don't waste your time with rouge coyboys.
Hell, I've gotten counterfeited SD-Cards from Amazon! (though, to their credit, they'd immediately reimbursed me).

(... oh, and while a "rogue cowboy" is most likely avoided, a "rouge coyboy" is probably selling some"thing" that's illegal in most countries )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

HUYI
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
FWIW, my Samsung 64GB card (the orange/white one) has been working perfectly. I do format it to FAT32 though, as I back it up under Linux.

Hell, I've gotten counterfeited SD-Cards from Amazon! (though, to their credit, they'd immediately reimbursed me).

(... oh, and while a "rogue cowboy" is most likely avoided, a "rouge coyboy" is probably selling some"thing" that's illegal in most countries )
Directly from amazon? I find that hard to believe, you prob brought brought the micro sd from fulfiled by Amazon which is still marketplace, my keyboard can be a bit temperamental lol didn't know that typo can be a illegal word lol
Mobile phones owned: Nokia 5110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3410, Nokia 3510, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia Xpress Music 5800, Sony CMD J70, Sony Ericsson T618, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Motorola V100, Samsung T100, Samsung Galaxy S2, Current: samsung galaxy Note 2

my, hasn't technology changed a lot compared to back in the day