Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone still on Gingerbread? Which ROM is your daily

Tip us?

shawn_ky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasuazo View Post
I have been using stock ICS 4.0.4 the last 3 weeks, I really have nothing to complain as I did some mods over the stock rom, mostly uninstalling all the att crap, and some unnecesary apps like gmail & google + running in the background consuming lots of resources. So far it has been great, plus I havent had battery issues. It will last the entire day, without a heavy usage of course. Currently waiting for the release of sedirom to try it out as Im getting used to the ol ICS as it is really stable, as if not 100% stable. Has anyone used Xposed with stock ICS? If you have, please let me know which mods have you done with it.
Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..

lasuazo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_ky View Post
Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..
I actually used Buborīs CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?

shawn_ky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasuazo View Post
I actually used Buborīs CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?
Using Bubor's OmniRom 4.4.4.... When we connect it to the car via Bluetooth (after deleting pairing, etc.) it still isn't working... On ICS 4.04 Bluetooth worked fine most of the time, but kept dropping ever so often. My wife's Fitbit Flex wouldn't connect either. Ironically, it does on 4.4.4....

willriddle1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Love my glide

from a hardware perspective I love my glide. I don't really want to upgrade to a new phone, but I have had several annoyances on it. One of them is the Google maps not working with Ice Cream Sandwich. Other annoyances too. I tired the KitKat rom here, and it's very good, but I was trying to get all of the google apps on and I hit a wall with the partition size. Seemed fixable but was driving me nuts. Not sure which direction I should go now.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10951

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriddle1 View Post
Not sure which direction I should go now.
Install them as user apps.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!