Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 bootloop, No recovery mode, only download mode

Tip us?
 
SPBoss
Old
#1  
SPBoss's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 968
Join Date: Apr 2012
Unhappy [Q] LG G2 bootloop, No recovery mode, only download mode

Hi guys, (LG G2, Rooted, had twrp but now its vanished?!)

I managed to get my LG G2 into a bootloop. I was replacing bootanimations and rebooting and testing them out. I finally tried this 1080p boot animation that looked sweet. Once the device rebooted it would show half the boot animation and then reboot. I had twrp installed but now every time i try to access it it just ignores the hotkeys as if it doesn't exist anymore. I can only get into download mode if a usb is plugged in.

All i need to do is flash TWRP again so i can flash the stock bootanimation back. I do not want to do a fresh install as I have many important files (i know i should have backed them up). I have tried to access my phone via adb using windows commandline tool whilst in download mode. however, adb doesn't find my device (I was going to attempt to push the stock animation back).

Please help me guys i need my phone to be working by monday as i have work! thanks in advance
 
eitama
Old
#2  
eitama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 551
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hod Hasharon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBoss View Post
Hi guys, (LG G2, Rooted, had twrp but now its vanished?!)

I managed to get my LG G2 into a bootloop. I was replacing bootanimations and rebooting and testing them out. I finally tried this 1080p boot animation that looked sweet. Once the device rebooted it would show half the boot animation and then reboot. I had twrp installed but now every time i try to access it it just ignores the hotkeys as if it doesn't exist anymore. I can only get into download mode if a usb is plugged in.

All i need to do is flash TWRP again so i can flash the stock bootanimation back. I do not want to do a fresh install as I have many important files (i know i should have backed them up). I have tried to access my phone via adb using windows commandline tool whilst in download mode. however, adb doesn't find my device (I was going to attempt to push the stock animation back).

Please help me guys i need my phone to be working by monday as i have work! thanks in advance
1. If you connect your phone to PC, what happens?
2. I also had trouble accessing TWRP, so I did the "Factory reset" button combo (Don't remember what it was) and when I slided to confirm, twrp booted. From there I think you have adb and can fix everything.
LG G2 - D802 32GB Black @ Stock KitKat + Root
 
alone-together
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2014
To get to TWRP, hold the power button until the phone turns completely off, then turn on the phone while holding the power and volume down buttons, then when the LG logo pops up, let go and re-press those buttons. When prompted for a factory reset, press the power button. Works every time for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alone-together For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SPBoss
Old
#4  
SPBoss's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 968
Join Date: Apr 2012
Alone i used lg flashtoolnow,its ok. I didnt click factory reset i assumed it would delete everything? With lgflash i have restored system and everything is how i left it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
 
rafucho
Old
#5  
rafucho's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alone-together View Post
To get to TWRP, hold the power button until the phone turns completely off, then turn on the phone while holding the power and volume down buttons, then when the LG logo pops up, let go and re-press those buttons. When prompted for a factory reset, press the power button. Works every time for me.
worked like a charm, many thanks!
 
xzork
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 83
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alone-together View Post
To get to TWRP, hold the power button until the phone turns completely off, then turn on the phone while holding the power and volume down buttons, then when the LG logo pops up, let go and re-press those buttons. When prompted for a factory reset, press the power button. Works every time for me.
i cannot enter the download mode and the recov mode. I pressed it as your instruction said, but nothing happened.. what should i do ?
All the application force close, so i cannot enter the OS either..
 
alone-together
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzork View Post
i cannot enter the download mode and the recov mode. I pressed it as your instruction said, but nothing happened.. what should i do ?
All the application force close, so i cannot enter the OS either..
First off, you'll need to make sure your phone isn't plugged in or it won't work - I'm afraid if you can't enter recovery you'll have to go back to stock. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
 
fabiomdj
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Sucess

Quote:
Originally Posted by alone-together View Post
To get to TWRP, hold the power button until the phone turns completely off, then turn on the phone while holding the power and volume down buttons, then when the LG logo pops up, let go and re-press those buttons. When prompted for a factory reset, press the power button. Works every time for me.
Thank you, saved me day.

Tags
adb, bootloop, lg g2, twrp
Thread Tools
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...