[Q] Need original vold.fstab file for Micromax A177

OP emailid1976

21st June 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

I took backup of vold.fstab on external sd card and then I follow instructions in one of the thread in this forum to swap internal storage with external storage for Micromax A177. Rooting, copying, rebooting - everything was fine. But after rebooting, it is not showing any storage device in File Manager - no phone storage, no internal card, no external sd card.

I don't know what was the wrong step.

But anyhow, I think I need my original vold.fstab file. Can anyone help me and provide that file for Micromax A177 model and its permission setting?

Thanks in advance
Amit
22nd June 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Hello,

I managed to get back my original vold.fstab file and restored in etc folder. Set permission as read-write for owner, read property for Group adn Other. No execute permission for anyone.

Are these settings right?

But still, I can't see any storage device on my smartphone - no external sd card, no internal sd card nothing.

Please guide.

Thanks
13th July 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailid1976

Hello,

I took backup of vold.fstab on external sd card and then I follow instructions in one of the thread in this forum to swap internal storage with external storage for Micromax A177. Rooting, copying, rebooting - everything was fine. But after rebooting, it is not showing any storage device in File Manager - no phone storage, no internal card, no external sd card.

I don't know what was the wrong step.

But anyhow, I think I need my original vold.fstab file. Can anyone help me and provide that file for Micromax A177 model and its permission setting?

Thanks in advance
Amit

Bro. you have to delete the "vold.fstab' that you have earlier downloaded and copied in folder "etc' and then rename the "vold.fstab.bak' to "vold.fstab' to its earlier original name. And congrates its done reboot your device..
[Imp-your device should be rooted]
Recomend to use root explorer app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread