Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [REQ] Transparent status bar?

OP braygel

15th June 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Hi, so as the title says... Just want to ask if there will be a transparent status bar feature?
It would be really nice to see it there, even in beta testing...
15th June 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #2  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 449

966 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braygel

Hi, so as the title says... Just want to ask if there will be a transparent status bar feature?
It would be really nice to see it there, even in beta testing...

It's coming
16th June 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Smile ahh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

It's coming

Ahh, I'm really glad to hear that! Can't wait for it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to braygel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Mexico
Thanks Meter: 7

86 posts
More
Smile Thank's
Quote:
Originally Posted by braygel

Ahh, I'm really glad to hear that! Can't wait for it!!

Good Changes!
20th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

49 posts
Saw that it arrived yesterday with an update, however the levels of transparency seem to be a bit broken.

If you select full transparency it doesn't seem to work, and just defaults to full black. (At least on the MotoX, anyway)

Additionally, if you select 'always show notification bar', the transparency option disappears entirely. (is this because it becomes adjustable within the widget setting instead?)

And finally, the transparency seems to have a forced gradient effect at all times, will there be a way to change this?
21st June 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlore

Saw that it arrived yesterday with an update, however the levels of transparency seem to be a bit broken.

If you select full transparency it doesn't seem to work, and just defaults to full black. (At least on the MotoX, anyway)

Additionally, if you select 'always show notification bar', the transparency option disappears entirely. (is this because it becomes adjustable within the widget setting instead?)

And finally, the transparency seems to have a forced gradient effect at all times, will there be a way to change this?

The same on Moto G
22nd June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #7  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 449

966 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlore

Hi,

Our team are still working on full transparency settings, as we want to make sure that the features will work 100%. So yes, we understand your frustration, but hopefully within the next update we'll include full transparency and gradient toggle support
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 68

292 posts
More
I know there's a way but I don't know exactly "where" since I don't even know how to create a theme so maybe a theme maker knows?

This one have transparent default

This one doesn't have statusbar on default

But you can pull it down which is exactly the look I'm after (until you do anything at all and it dissapears again)

So I've tried everything in settings

Which only makes it black

But there's obviously a way to make it persistent and transparent through the theme itself - how?

EDIT: Aha just unlock the widgets and longpress the statusbar and voilá - seems to be persitent (although I have a bunch of xposed modules that alters the statusbar)
Last edited by [SIC]; 23rd June 2014 at 10:35 AM.
13th July 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Good!

Sent from my Micromax A350 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread